Used 2004 Lexus GS 430 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus GS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Bang for your buck
By Big Rod

2004 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The GS 430 2004 is just an amazing car I don't feel any separation from cars costing thousands more, the ride is exquisite, and the performance puts you in the mix of cars that cost so much more.

Navigation, and the Mark Levinson stereo is by far the best, Bose comes in second.

The only two things I would suggest: adaptive cruise control, and a rear camera, or backup cam.

Dream Car
By wannabgood1

2004 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought a pre-owned 2004 GS 430, parchment exterior and black interior. What a beauty! This car is fast, classy, has wonderful fit and finish. Interior is a great place to be. Comfortable and controls are logical and fun to play with. The Mark Lev stereo is phenomenal. Best car stereo I have ever heard. Also have a 2001 TL with Bose which is very good, but Mark Lev is noticeably better. This car has it all - performance, reliability, comfort, value (especially if you purchase pre-owned in good condition - 7700 mis certified), looks, and a trusted brand with good service and warranty. I look forward to driving this car whenever I can!

Performance, comfort, exterior looks, mark lev, controls

more power off the line

Not worth the money
By Peter Cusato

2004 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It's comfortable and reliable but handles like a bus and is marginally responsive. Bridgestone 17" tires are the noisiest I ever heard. Missing a number of features like, rain sensing wipers, a passenger side mirror that drops in reverse and the heated seats have but one level. My wife's 2000 ES has 2 levels. Has perpetual rattles in dash that dealer can't cure and a permanent stain on the rear seat from a tire being placed there, Lexus central was no help with either issue. It gets you back and forth smoothly and reliably, but at $50K plus there should be more from the car and Lexus service. Cars costing 30/40% less are more exciting and just as reliable.

NAV is as good as they come, Levinson radio is tops, interior finishes are tops

Go back to the 400 drive train, 430 is a slug. Improve suspension for handling. Add the toys found is less expensive cars

Fantastic
By Ahmed Masoud

2004 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I had my Benz since I was 16 till my GF got her GS300. I loved that car, smooth and quiet, powerful and sporty but lux as well. So I requested a GS430 and finally got it after 25 days, my car was imported from Lexus, Japan exclusively and now I even don't want to drive my new 2003 E55 AMG! It's smooth! It's loving! My mom has a 745ih and my father has a S67 Lourinser, believe me they never ride 1/10 of a Lexus! Of course the S67 is faster! Even I guess my E55 AMG is faster and of course M5 is faster, but even a V8 Camaro can't be seen on your miror. Go for a Lexus, it's almost 2 years that I'm driving 5 hours a day! I can't leave the car, nothing has been occured so far! Go for it! Go!

Marc Levinson DVD navigation. V8 powerful, smooth, quiet, reliable engine. Handling and driving style. Exterior look. Quality of ride and material inside. Many more, can't name one by one.

I wanna let you know that my GS430 costed me almost US$ 94,000 !!! Yes, shipping and others are included, by the way I got every single option including 19" Titanium/Chrome rims.

Lexus Quality
By Otto Schacht

2004 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus, bought the LS 400 in 1990, and like the GS 430 the quality and performance is outstanding. Has a Mercedes car before but the Lexus sure them.