2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
Nice car, but....
By Justice on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great engine and acceleration, but the tires need to be bigger. The 17" wheels are not sufficient to fill up the wheel wells and cannot fully handle the power and torque put out by the engine.

Sweetness
By Bulldog3 on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have just recently purchased this vehicle and in my humble opinion it is a fantastic peice of machinery. I love the build quality and the ride of silence. Thanks Lexus. I do not prefer a tighter suspension I will leave this mona lisa alone.! :)

Performance/Luxury take your pick!
By SPORTS on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After about a year of research and test drives (comparing BMW, Volvo, Mercedes, etc.)I decided to purchase a black on black Lexus GS400. No regrets. Main factors in decision making were build quality and mix of performance and luxury. I have since modified the stock suspension to improve handling characteristics. I love the car even more now.

Great Car!!!!!
By Floridaman on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

If you want a great luxury sport sedan, get the GS430...you won't be sorry. We love this car! Clarification...As for last review...The person who can't drive in the snow needs to get snow tires. The 17 inch Z rated tires are SUMMER ONLY -- read the users manual! There is nothing wrong with the car! Get the right tires! Only driver error in this case. What exactly happened at your dealership? Did you go in asking for free snow tires? We've had fantastic service in Tampa Bay. Again, no complaints what so ever.

Must get another car for winter
By jhave001 on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

If you are seduced to buy GS430, be prepared to buy another car for the winter. This one DOES NOT run even in 2 in of snow. Traction control is worthless. I have GS 400, Mercedes, BMW drive up my driveway 6 days after a snow fall, but my GS 430 got stuck repeatedly. WORSE dealership experience in my 25 years of driving. ABSOLUTELY unwilling to help. Be warned. BE very warned.

2003 GS 430
By drsayad on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A well built car that is not being imprved as often as it's rivals BMW and Mercedes Benz. Therefore lagging behind in power and electronic sophistication.

Time for Lexus to update the GS
By Doug_999 on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up my 2003 GS in December of 2002. Still have a host of issues with it from suspension rattles, ultra light steering, and road noise being picked up from the sunroof drain tube (have to keep sunroof shade closed at all times). Car feels loose - almost as if the dies that make it are getting worn. Time for Lexus to update the GS.

Best In Class
By ROCKYTOPBOB on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

In over 40 years I'v owned 25+ new and used cars. This is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned or driven. If your thinking about buying a new or high dollar used car you owe it to yourself to drive a Lexus GS.

My 2nd GS
By TheFanatic on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

First one was a GS300, now driving a new GS430. Absolutely love these cars. The transmission is a bit hesitant on the GS300. The 430 is much smoother in excelleration, and has a very nice punch. Very satisfying G's in 0-60 accelleration :) Nav system is excellent, very good directions. Points of Interest database could be better. I really only use that to find a gas station. Sound system is the best I've ever heard in a car. It's a Lexus, it's got the best quality of any luxury car. Give me a GS430 over a 540 or the LS430 any day!

Germans need to learn from Lexus.
By BMW/MB Suck on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned many cars in my life (Japanese and German) and this is by FAR, the most reliable car I've ever owned. Interior is great...clean, functional and with great quality. Power is ample with the GS430 (GS300 is WEAK!) and the best part is the quality, reliablilty and service from Lexus. Something that BMW and Mercedes can't touch! (How 'bout those BMW E46 M3 engine failures and Mercedes well know electrial problems? I know, I've owned both!)