Used 2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus Gs-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

I'd buy another one at the drop of a hat
By JRamey

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Let me first say that I am a career GM salesman! I would have never in a million years bought a Lexus, but we traded it in and I bought it. I LOVE the car! The seats and the interior are what sold me on the car. Thank God it was the V8 model... it's powerful, sleek, and butter smooth. The Nav and Mark Levinson audio system make trips a blast. The true test is that I bought mine AFTER someone else put 75,000 miles of business use on the car and it's still tight as a drum and runs like a dream. As I have a habit of running through a vehicle about every 6 to 9 months. This time though, I think I'll keep my Lexus and park way in the back at work!

Favorite Features

Interior. Not usually a fan of wood in a car, but it's beautiful! Love the stereo w/ nav and the 6 disc, but hands down, it was the slick V8 and the interior that sold me on the whole car!

Suggested Improvements

My BIGGEST complaint is that the HVAC controls must be accessed through the NAV. a real inconvenience while driving. Would rather have hard keys for that operation. Also wish the power tilt/telescoping wheel would come down further. That's it!

I have two!!! 99-03
By Mario

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd GS.I first bought a 1999 GS 400. I was going to buy a 2002 Accord. Long story short the Lexus blew the Honda away. I loved the car so much I got a GS 430. The 2003 is a lot smoother than the 99. I have always been a fan of Lexus's, and their reliability has always been outstanding. This is a fast and fun car. I put Michelin pilot sport tires on and the car has excellent handling. I strongly recommend this car. I put 60K miles in less than a year and I drive hard. I have had no issues. Just change the oil and fluids.

Favorite Features

The smooth feel. Easy controls very user friendly. Great A/C (I'm in south TX) - a must here.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a AUX jack and played MP3's.

My first GS
By denut-L

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've been looking for a lexus for a long time and when i came upon this one I said to myself this is the one for me.The way it looked caught my eyes. and When i took it for a test drive i didn't want to go home without it. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants luxury and performance in one package.

Favorite Features

The luxurious interior, power of the engine, the awesome sounding ml system, the chrome 17" rims, everything about the car.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish the car was 1.5 inches lower.

Love it, but
By gelkin

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car in the dry warm weather. Awesome performance, reliabilty, nav, sound system. Just don't get caught in the snow with it. Car came with Z Rated 17" Tires that are pretty much useless in the snow. Also, tires are pretty loud on the dry pavement.

Favorite Features

Performance, Reliabilty, NAV, Sound System

Suggested Improvements

All Season Tires, Bigger Gas Tank, How about All Wheel Drive?

Rocket on wheels
By Teebone

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Awesome car to drive and faster than most sports cars out there. The person, "Must get another car for winter by jhave001" who rated this car 1.9 has no clue what he's talking about. He rates the performance 1.0 and reliability 1.0. I don't think this person has ever drove the GS430 let alone be able to afford it. He's one of those that drives the Ford Pinto, adds 22" Rims and adds a Boeing 747 Spoiler and thinks it's his Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Stunning exterior. More reliable than my neighbor's Mercedes, and BMW. Ooh, did I mention Lexus is #1 in JD Power Assoc. rankings.

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls on the steering wheel. Maybe offer a manual transmission.