2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
I'd buy another one at the drop of a hat
By JRamey on 05/02/10 06:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Let me first say that I am a career GM salesman! I would have never in a million years bought a Lexus, but we traded it in and I bought it. I LOVE the car! The seats and the interior are what sold me on the car. Thank God it was the V8 model... it's powerful, sleek, and butter smooth. The Nav and Mark Levinson audio system make trips a blast. The true test is that I bought mine AFTER someone else put 75,000 miles of business use on the car and it's still tight as a drum and runs like a dream. As I have a habit of running through a vehicle about every 6 to 9 months. This time though, I think I'll keep my Lexus and park way in the back at work!

I have two!!! 99-03
By Mario on 04/11/09 23:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd GS.I first bought a 1999 GS 400. I was going to buy a 2002 Accord. Long story short the Lexus blew the Honda away. I loved the car so much I got a GS 430. The 2003 is a lot smoother than the 99. I have always been a fan of Lexus's, and their reliability has always been outstanding. This is a fast and fun car. I put Michelin pilot sport tires on and the car has excellent handling. I strongly recommend this car. I put 60K miles in less than a year and I drive hard. I have had no issues. Just change the oil and fluids.

My first GS
By denut-L on 04/10/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've been looking for a lexus for a long time and when i came upon this one I said to myself this is the one for me.The way it looked caught my eyes. and When i took it for a test drive i didn't want to go home without it. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants luxury and performance in one package.

Love it, but
By gelkin on 08/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car in the dry warm weather. Awesome performance, reliabilty, nav, sound system. Just don't get caught in the snow with it. Car came with Z Rated 17" Tires that are pretty much useless in the snow. Also, tires are pretty loud on the dry pavement.

Rocket on wheels
By Teebone on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Awesome car to drive and faster than most sports cars out there. The person, "Must get another car for winter by jhave001" who rated this car 1.9 has no clue what he's talking about. He rates the performance 1.0 and reliability 1.0. I don't think this person has ever drove the GS430 let alone be able to afford it. He's one of those that drives the Ford Pinto, adds 22" Rims and adds a Boeing 747 Spoiler and thinks it's his Mercedes.

smoothest V8
By epong on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this car is perfect

GS 430
By Tim S on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the GS 430 we have not had it that long but I think it is a great buy.

The best car I ever had
By GSRacer on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 GS300, and was extremely happy with it except that the whiny V6 left me wanting for more so for my next car I upgraded to 2003 GS430 with NAV, 17'' Wheels and Mark Levinson. Performance is unreal, the only cars that beat me so far are the BMW M3, M5 and the Corvette and with (maybe) exception of the M5 none of them are nearly as luxurious as my Lexus. Sound sysem is off the hook, if you turn it up a little you can see side mirrors vibrating a little with the music, and the NAV is super accurate and a cinch to use (unlike my dad's on his 745). If you have $50K+ to spend on a car you will not find a better combination of luxury and performance.

Toyota
By Dane Glesack on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It was a great car that i wish i could have agian

I love this GS430
By Sarakhun on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent Better than the 2 Mercedes I had in the past.