Best car I've ever owned!!!!
By Sean on
2002 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)
This car brings a perpetual smile to my face every time I drive it. Took me several months to find a late-model GS 430 that was well-maintained - can't afford a new one. I'd much rather buy a 4-year-old Lexus than a new car any day. Used to have an LS 400, and while it was a great car too, it was almost too refined to be fun to drive. The GS 430 is all about driving excitement if you ask me. The GS 430 has a great balance between sportiness and comfort. It filters out harsh road noise and vibration, while letting you know that it has 300+HP under the hood. Works well for my family with two carseats in the back. The Z-rated tires are pricey and wear out quickly so budget for tires!
Favorite Features
Power!! Had to teach a guy in a turbo VW Beetle a valuable lesson the other day - "There is no substitute for Cubic Inches!" The navigation works great now that I updated the DVD to 2005. I also love the black leather interior, climate controls, wood steering wheel, and red walnut wood trim.
Suggested Improvements
The glove box is comical - doesn't even fit the owner's manual binder. I might get a standard envelope in there for reg. and insurance. The DVD player and large ML speaker are exposed in the trunk, and susceptible to damage if you are not careful loading the trunk. Insurance is a lot higher.