2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Best new car I have ever owned
By manjoguy on 03/31/07 04:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

112,000 miles and only 1 repair (at 108,000 miles hood release cable broke). Wish Lexus would use Bose radio (Levinson sounds great but radio reception is only average).

Best car I've ever owned!!!!
By Sean on 07/19/06 12:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car brings a perpetual smile to my face every time I drive it. Took me several months to find a late-model GS 430 that was well-maintained - can't afford a new one. I'd much rather buy a 4-year-old Lexus than a new car any day. Used to have an LS 400, and while it was a great car too, it was almost too refined to be fun to drive. The GS 430 is all about driving excitement if you ask me. The GS 430 has a great balance between sportiness and comfort. It filters out harsh road noise and vibration, while letting you know that it has 300+HP under the hood. Works well for my family with two carseats in the back. The Z-rated tires are pricey and wear out quickly so budget for tires!

Love my Lexus
By John on 07/10/06 09:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Car is quiet and a pleasure to drive. I've had other Lexus in the past and they have always been great cars. The car is so easy to drive it feels like it is doing all of the work for me. I have recently had other cars and they become boring and aren't fun to drive. Thanks Lexus for making this car so amazing.

What an awesome car!!!!!!
By phongster on 01/04/06 16:49 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Just love it, what a perfect vehicle. The best I have driven. Way better than the Benz or Bmer for thousand dollars less.

Smooth and fast
By pavster on 11/27/05 22:57 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far one of the most reliable, well built, and luxurious vehicles on the market. The interior is silent, the engine is outstanding, brakes flawless, and the seats, stereo system, nav controls make for a very serene experience. However, for a sports sedan, it is much too soft, and the steering is much too light. In addition, the car can be harsh and twitchy with the optional 17 inch wheels. Soft springs and low profile tires just don't mix well. Stick with the 16 inch wheels and don't expect too much from the chassis, and you will be very happy. Overall a great car, but not a very emotion-evoking one.

Great Car
By JR on 10/10/05 19:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I rely on these ratings fairly heavily so when i bought this car back in June I thought I should write to anyone considering buying one. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. It has 63,000 miles on it and it drives like it is brand new. It is so solid, so smooth, and has a ton of power. I would recommend it to anyone considering buying one, you won't be disappointed.

Best of the Best
By FORREST JORDAN on 03/03/05 00:01 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely the best driving experience in a motor car and I have driven Bentleys, Rolls and Maybachs! Get in, buckle-up, if you would, and meld into the world of Levinson and Lexus. Look no further, chaps... There is no better on this earth! Here Here!!! Kudos to Lexus!~

Huge Power, Great Features, Smooth Ride
By Chewieee on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car. Tons of power, and all sorts o0f neat features tied in with the navigation system / ML Audio. People are always amazed at how nice the interior is, very roomy and done in an extremely classy fashion.

As I've Seen it
By cmwjrx on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have tried used most, and tested the rest, vehicles in the top consumer class. The Lexus (my first L) is the first luxury sedan I have acquired without a lingering feeling that I failed to get it all. This is the first time in my auto-buying career that I can sit up and breethe a complete breath of pure satisfaction.

SECOND GS
By beachmarch on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

PREVIOUS CAR 99 GS400. 2002 GS430 IS MUCH IMPROVED. STEERING, BRAKING, TORQUE, GPS AND MARK LEVINSON RADIO ALL IMPROVED. LOVED THE 99, BUT THE 430 IS BETTER. I DUMPED THE 17" TIRES THAT I HAD ON THE 99, BEST MOVE I'VE MADE, RODE LIKE A TRUCK AND SOUNDED LIKE SNOW TIRES. ALSO DUMPED THE BOY RACER SPOILER, WHICH LOOKS OUT OF PLACE FROM THE SIDE. GREAT RIDE, SPEED, LUXURY AND BEST OF ALL NO PROBLEMS. A FRIEND HAS A BMW 540I, HE COULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT HIS PROBLEMS.