2001 Lexus GS 430 Consumer Review: My G!

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan - Consumer Review

My G!
By Jon on

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is a black on black '01 430 w/ approx 49k. The is awesome looking car!! I am not a car enthusiast or expert, but this is an incredible automobile. It is a perfect mix between luxury and sport and it won't break like some other makes. It is extremely quiet, shifts very smoothly, corners nicely and it will throw into the seat when you want to. My wife made this comment about it after she drove it on her 50 mile commute: "driving that car will change your life. It literally changes your outlook on life!!!" (So much for it it being my car!) If you want the perfect mix of luxury, perfomance and reliability, this is the car. I needed struts at 47k miles, Great Warranty Service.

Favorite Features

So many awesome things about this car: exterior lines, love the look, buttery leather, seats, incredible stereo, wood accents, wood steering wheel, room for 4, gas mileage when you don't open it up 18-20 mpg, very very very quiet, Lexus Service is fantastic! ECT power buttton, WOW!

Suggested Improvements

You have to really nit pick to find something to improve. But.... Clunky brake pedal, I wish all the doors would unlock when you take the key out of the ignition. CD changer bites, little interior creaks (plastic on plastic noise) when I first get moving, then it stops? it was up North for 3 years