2001 Lexus GS 430 Consumer Review: The Best One Yet

2001 Lexus GS 430 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic)

The Best One Yet
By Iceman on

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I stopped buying new cars year ago. I now buy well maintained luxury/sports car and pay cash for them and drive them for 3-4 years. This Lexus is a must buy. It has the smoothness, class and reliability of the Lexus brand. It also has excellent power, great creature comforts and exceeds most performance expectations. I call my car Jekyll & Hyde as it has a split personality. It will pamper you in luxury but will also drop the hammer when you want. The steering tightens up at speed and the car becomes firmer and responsive especially when you press the sport shift button for the transmission. Find a well maintained one and buy it. These are great cars and cheap to own.

Mark Levinson sound is the best car audio ever put in at the factory. Great 300 hp engine with lots of torque. Well appointed interior. Sport mode for the transmission changes the car's personality.

Some will complain about fuel economy but not me. I consistently nail 20 mpg combined city/highway even with some aggressive driving included. Premium is required and all that I use but I can afford it with no car payments! :)