2001 Lexus GS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )
Extremely happy Lexus Owner
By TXVball on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The only reason I am parting with my car is because I need to seat more than 5 people. I have nothing but positive things to say about the GS430. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

GS 430 A Driving Machine
By Markflexes on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned and driven many cars. This GS 430 is by far the best. It is fast, luxurious and a great looker. Who could ask for more. This car accelerates very quickly, smoothly and unbelievably quietly for a V8. Handling can be better but for those looking for a tighter handling car consider the L-Tuned package designed by Lexus for these cars. For those who have had tire issues I was once one of you. I found a solution. The new breed of high performance tires are coming out. I switched to the Kumho ASX 235/45W/17 and what a difference. Grippy and quite with an expected long tread life. Made a great car even better.

gs430 lease up
By jmsgs430 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

from the day I owned this car it has drifted and taken every bump moving the car to the next lane. I have had the car in alomst every month and I am told it's the same thing. Lo profile tires. I have 36k miles on the car and have had to replace the tires 4 times. 2 weeks ago the battery died on me. I was told by a tire store that Lexus has been tweeking the alignment in, so it drives straight. I asked lexus about this and they of course have denied this. The car is gorgeous but I never know.

An Excellent Blend
By spendon on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have to agree with the majority of the reviews of my car. Yes, it has outstanding acceleration, good handling, the best ML audio system, etc. But it does not have the overall connection with the road that would make the car a blast to drive. This is my second GS; the first was a '98 GS400. Both were bought new. The '01 is a definite improvement over the '98 becuase of the ML audio, additional luxury and safety improvements. Would I buy again? Definitely. The combination of the performance, luxury and reliability is top notch. No, it does not handle like a BMW540, but beats it in all other ways.

2001 Lexus GS430
By chazgoff on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best automobile I have ever owned. Lexus is simply the Best!

Simply Fantastic!!
By TheDriver430 on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Without exaggerating the GS430 is literally a dream on wheels. It is hands down the best car I've ever owned and I have owned quite a few. It’s roomy and so reliable it’s scary. The performance is as awe inspiring as it is effortless. The car is smoother and quieter than offerings from Audi, Cadillac, Mercedes or BMW, not to mention more reliable. The quality is simply remarkable. The more I drive it, the more I’m impressed. It’s not perfect but it’s a lot closer to perfection than I ever thought possible. The amazing thing is the LS430 is even better.

better car than mercedes and porsche
By hughbert on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the pleasure to own a mercedes, porsche and lexus, and found the GS430 to be a fantastic car. It never goes to the shop, it's incredibly fast and smooth, and it's a blast to drive. Of course the Porsche is the best car for reallllly fast driving, but day-to-day driving, the Lexus is the winner.

hell of a first car
By Robert Petrie on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I had just turned 17 and what to i get for my birthday a lexus gs 430, and I love it it has been lowered and i purchased rod millen motorsports mufflers and the ride and drive are excellent. I have never had a problem maintaining this vehicle and it is the funnest car i have ever driven

super
By jstorm on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

this 1 is a keeper i've had them i don't drive it much onily 11000 miles on it but when i do it's a thrill the more it sits in the garage the more i want to drive it

Flawlessly Fluid
By mfragola on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great Performance without a hint of effort. I was a BMW 5 series person for the last 5 years and I'm very happy to have made the switch to this car.