2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )
The Best One Yet
By Iceman on 03/27/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I stopped buying new cars year ago. I now buy well maintained luxury/sports car and pay cash for them and drive them for 3-4 years. This Lexus is a must buy. It has the smoothness, class and reliability of the Lexus brand. It also has excellent power, great creature comforts and exceeds most performance expectations. I call my car Jekyll & Hyde as it has a split personality. It will pamper you in luxury but will also drop the hammer when you want. The steering tightens up at speed and the car becomes firmer and responsive especially when you press the sport shift button for the transmission. Find a well maintained one and buy it. These are great cars and cheap to own.

I love my GS430
By Eli on 03/04/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about my '01 GS430. It's L-tuned, bought it used w/ 68k miles in '05, and it's been a dandy to drive. The previous owner did not baby it as well as I do, however, the car endures and rides like a dream. For a V8 it gets excellent gas mileage on HWY, I've been averaging 23.5 to 24 mpg HWY miles.

Best Used Performance Sedan Value
By Brad on 07/07/09 04:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a "high mileage" used 2001 GS 430 5 months ago with 140,000 miles. I've owned a wide variety of sports cars, trucks, and sedans over the years- both new and used. This Lexus is one of the best. For tens of thousands less than a comparable new sports sedan- this car is an absolute bargain. It was dealer maintained by the previous owners- but still, this car is tight all around. It's VERY fast with the 300hp V8. I get compliments on it from friends and strangers alike. I have had zero issues with this car- runs perfect. I smile when I see 5-series BMW's now- this car is a steal compared to the German sedans. If you're in the market for a used sports sedan- you can't beat GS430.

Fun and well engineered
By EastonBob on 12/26/07 10:43 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus in the GS line. I purchased this model for the more powerfull engine and reliability. The car drives very well as a sporty vehicle and equally as well as a touring sedan. The power is incredible with excellent pick up for passing or highway driving.

The Smart Shopper's Luxury Buy
By Seoulchild79 on 10/06/06 04:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is the perfect car for someone who wants value as well as luxury and sport in their sedan. I admit though, the car isn't as fun to drive as a Bimmer but it's definitely got nicer amenities. Whenever people ride with me, they don't believe that my car is almost 6 years old. It hides its age well. But what you really want to know is, if I had to do it all over would I buy it again? Definitely.

Great compromise of sport and comfort
By gjhuff on 06/23/06 23:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car has exceeded every expectation I had for it. It is fun to drive but also very luxurious and comfortable. Several times on the road, I have surprised other cars with the speed and acceleration of the GS.

GS 430
By Dirk Stiggins on 11/26/05 11:17 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Terrific road car. It is very powerful and really fun to drive. The only issue we have had is a minor display glitch with the radio lcd window. Otherwise the car has performed perfectly.

My G!
By Jon on 04/21/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is a black on black '01 430 w/ approx 49k. The is awesome looking car!! I am not a car enthusiast or expert, but this is an incredible automobile. It is a perfect mix between luxury and sport and it won't break like some other makes. It is extremely quiet, shifts very smoothly, corners nicely and it will throw into the seat when you want to. My wife made this comment about it after she drove it on her 50 mile commute: "driving that car will change your life. It literally changes your outlook on life!!!" (So much for it it being my car!) If you want the perfect mix of luxury, perfomance and reliability, this is the car. I needed struts at 47k miles, Great Warranty Service.

Best Car I Have Drivien
By Houston GS on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Simply the best car I have driven. Super smooth, powerful, quite, and worlds best car stereo.

sweetness
By A-rock on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

best looking car interior and exterior and not because i just own the 430 but the radio presets are hard to adjust i still havent really figured it out.