2000 Lexus GS 400 Consumer Review: I finally got the dream car

2000 Lexus GS 400 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

I finally got the dream car
By Thespian on

2000 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

8 years ago on my honeymoon, we got an upgrade to a 95 GS300. After driving it I knew I would always pine for one of my own. Well, I finally stepped up and bought a used GS400 model and have not stopped grinning since. I live down a long, curvy country road and I look forward to that drive every day. I play with the manual shifting option (wish it would shift more quickly), the POWER option, or economy mode with the VSC feature enabled. I haven't been let down yet. It's a roomy car with very comfortable seats and easy to see gauges and instruments. The steering is slightly loose with a bit of an understeer, but that's what you get with the luxury ride.

Auto memory settings for the seat and mirrors (sounds silly, but it's great anytime I want to let someone take it for a cruise), the manual shift, and the V8 engine. Seats, comfort, and style, what else is there to say?

A quicker shift time in the manual mode; better fuel economy (which can be achieved with some high performance air filters and fuel-injector kits).