1999 Lexus GS 400 Consumer Review: Best deal on wheels

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan - Consumer Review

Best deal on wheels
By 34 yr male on

1999 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 90k miles on it...most everyone thought it had 25k. That is how good this car looks. 17" silver wheels with spoiler...all black with Nav. Car has an elegant look of muscle to it. Lowered my front about 1"...huge improvement aesthetically. Engine/tranny is incredible...very fast, very strong, very fun. Yet, very quiet and refined. I've already put 20k miles on mine...about 110k now, and everything still works as if it were new. Only the floormats show the car's age!!

Favorite Features

I wish the Navigation were easier to update, because I have actually used it a few times and it is VERY helpful. Also, the touch screens for all the other functions (audio/climate) is cool and easy as well. Dual zone AC seems much better than other cars. Reliability will spoil you. No problems.

Suggested Improvements

I hate the LEXUS' autostick design. The shifter doesn't allow 1st gear shift, starts at 2nd, and you have to stomp the gas to stay in 1st. Also, buttons on steering wheel are not intuitive and hard to find. Prefer to bump the shifter up/down...like a stick.