1999 Lexus GS 400 Consumer Review: A sedan like no other!

1999 Lexus GS 400 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

A sedan like no other!
By lexusnewbee on

1999 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

Whoa, what a machine. The workmanship is near perfect. I bought mine used with 89k on the odometer...runs like it's new. Only nuisance with the GS4 is loosing your change during WOT acceleration. But who cares!!! E-shift is fun like working a game controller. I cruise to work at 80~95mph...the car rides and handles very well. The chassis is slightly loose at high speeds over highway bumps and cornering. TRD has components to tighten things up. This car has a very solid engine that will handle a 400rwhp upgrade. Many mods are available. My next upgrade is the L-tuned steering module, 2800 rpm TC, and LSD.

Favorite Features

Vehicle Skid Control(VSC),VVT-I, reliabiliy,workmanship inside and most noticably under the hood. L-tuned suspension(lowered ~1.2") and L-tuned exhaust are on mine and available thru the dealer. Include a K&N drop-in air filter and you will achieve 25.5 mpg on the highway...I do.

Suggested Improvements

The following upgrades are available for do-it-yourself but not thru the dealer: high stall speed torque converter (TC), limited slip rear diff (LSD).