1999 Lexus GS 400 Consumer Reviews 3

1999 Lexus GS 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (0 review )
spoiled
By jlo on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

I had one of the first 98 models and it was a disaster on wheels. Lexus took it back in an even swap for a 99. Problem now is this flawless 99 has fogged my vision for any other model. Just turn the key and go and go and go!!!

The GS400 is inspiring
By Dave V on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

A truly great car. I have owned it since Aug. 1999 and would not trade it for many of the newer cars out, except for a newer Lexus. This car has had no mechanical or interior problems since I bought it. I love the acceleration of this engine and the smooth handling at 120mph. This car is the best of approx. 20 or so I have owned in my life so far. I have looked and test driven several others and this is still the best by far of the mid-luzury sedans.

My GS
By Lindner on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

Good Car...like many, I understand, the radio display failed after 3 years. Water pump problem found and repaired while in for an oil change...repairs all under warranty.

1999 Lexus GS400
By DRW on 03/14/02 20:45 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

This car has been great for the 1st 2.5 years I've owned it. It has great acceleration, comfort, handling, styling, and ergonomics. This car out accelerates most cars in it's class, including the BMW 540ia, Audi A6, Benz E-class, & Jaguar S-type. After 2.5 yrs, this car still turns heads. This is my 3rd Lexus & I can't see any other Mfr getting my $$ in the near future.

Reliability without any Fun...
By nol1mits on 03/08/02 12:53 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

The GS400 runs like any Swiss stamped watch. It drives well has plenty of performance and is a very good value. The downside is for a sport sedan I am not confident driving it at speeds above 80 mph as compared to a BMW, or Benz. It doesn't seem as unflappable as a Benz at 80 or above. Upgrade the tires to 18's. Just my thoughts!