1998 Lexus GS 400 Consumer Review: Rocket Ship

1998 Lexus GS 400

Rocket Ship
By Rhino on

1998 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan

After years with an old LS400...I was ready for newer. I fell in love with the GS400 (not the 300 nor the 430). If you read you will know why the 400 is the way to go. Now the trick was to find one...1998 - 2000. I went on the hunt for a low miles (less than 75K) and in very nice condition. Wow...had no idea it would be a needle in a haystack. But...I found it. 63K, 1 owner, had an accident in the past but was Lexus repaired (and had my body shop check it over and they said it was fixed perfectly). I bought it. Since it is 12 years old and the rule when you talk to Lexus is 90K or 108 months. So I had the timing chain and water pump replaced for good measure and had the 60K done.

Getting 24 MPG. Rocket ship fast. Very comfy!!! I mean VERY. And, it gets looks. As a previous Porsche owner there is always a good feeling when someone glances at your ride. I really thought I would be giving that up...oh well...I guess I didn't. Thanks Lexus for a sexy car.

Ability to update NAV. And, not automatically downshifting into 1st at 8 or 9 mph...you know...the roling stop thing...

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review