A Civilized Beast
By Smith on
1998 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan
I love this car. It combines the fun of a sports car with the practicality of a four-door sedan. This car does it all. For daily driving it is smooth, quiet, very comfortable, and it seats four. If you want a more exciting drive; however, stomp on the gas and hold on. I highly recommend the SRT intake/ecu mod. Before installing the SRT, the car accelerated with gentle, subdued power. With the SRT, it lets off a beastly roar and leaps forward, but only when you want it to. This car is an excellent practical solution for those who need an all-purpose sedan, but want some fun too. I never get tired of driving my GS400.
Favorite Features
Powerful, practical, versatile, and fun to drive. It is whatever you need it to be. Reliable: Not a single problem with it to date.
Suggested Improvements
Improved fuel economy (I get 15 city, 21 highway, but I drive too aggressively), less restrictive stability control (cuts power and leaves you stranded when you need to get out of the way of coming traffic), 18" rims (I put some IS350 rims on. It looks much better).