Can't go wrong with a GS400!!!
By GS400inTexas on
1998 Lexus GS 400 4dr Sedan
I had originally looked at a Lexus SC300 and noticed the performance numbers on the 98-00 GS400 by accident. The car had always seemed too expensive for me, but after reading the 0-60 stats, I was hooked! I've been driving a 98 GS400 for about 5 months and I couldn't be happier. Change the oil and keep it clean. Nothing to it! This is easily a 300K mile engine and Lexus service departments are top-notch. You'll be treated like a king. You deserve it for making such a smart purchase. Let the BMW and Mercedes drivers suffer from depreciation. I lose about $1500 a year on a luxury car everyone thinks is brand new! What?!?! Yes, its true. Don't tell them it has over 100K miles!
Favorite Features
Performance. The 4.0 liter engine is a magnificent work of art! What other car accelerates so quickly and smoothly? I can't imagine driving anything else.
Suggested Improvements
Door lock actuators have plastic gears that will break over time. Condensation in headlights. Nothing in comparison to most cars this age! If it was an American car it would need an engine rebuild, new exhaust, new transmission. Think about it... Then go test drive one... (if you can find one!)