Over priced
By emlod on
2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The car is fun to drive. It has power and performance and good handling, but I could have got similar performance in less expense cars. I'm sorry I did not buy the Volve S60. The option killed me and I lost control with the gimmicks the car had instead of concentrating on the true values of the car. The car is way overpriced. The options are way overpriced. I wish I bough the Volvo. The wife liked this one.
Favorite Features
Overall acelleration.
Suggested Improvements
There are too many gadgets to distract you from driving. This is a car not a computer room. Most of this stuff I will never use while I drive or I will have an accident. Lower the price on the option and separate them so you don't get someting you on't want. They bundle options so you are stuck with lots of suff you don't want or need. I'd look for something else nextime.
By jbean64
on 05/06/12 11:45 AM (PDT)

I honestly found the price of the car quite surprising. I traded in my 08 GS 350 yesterday for the 2013. I was amazed to find that I was able to get everything I wanted and then some for a mere $4000 more than I paid in 2008. the performance and handling of this car is incredible. i find it amusing to see reviews of any product posted by people who have not purchased an item. one test drive does not give anyone the ample base on which to give a review of a product that is based on actual facts rather than opinion. yes, I am biased towards Lexus, simply because my first experience with my '08 gs 350 was incredible. I traded an '06 Navigator against my will for the '08 gs 350 because of rising gas prices. my husbands decision, not mine. I hated the car the first 2 weeks I had it. I would have written a horrible review at that time. it would not have been a fair review. That car was the most reliable car I have ever owned. the people at my lexus dealership (shout out to Hennessey Lexus of Gwinnett!) have CONSISTENTLY gone out of their way to insure that any question, any problem or concern that I had with that car was taken care of. I didn't even shop around when I bought my new one. I went back to that same dealership. I will post a review when I have driven the car a couple of weeks. I'll admit, the infotainment center seems a little overwhelming, but I have my specialists phone number, and as I'm learning how to operate everything, I may need to give him a call. my initial impression of this car is that I made the right decision. it is sporty, fun to drive, responsive, safe and dependable. even with all the bells and whistles that I am so fond of, the safe and dependable part is the most important to me, and at this time, deserves the 5 stars I gave it.

By keef2
on 04/06/12 00:53 AM (PDT)

comparing to a Volvo? and you preferred it? wow...

By mushmouth
on 05/05/12 12:26 PM (PDT)

Hi abacomike. Thanks for your comparison of the two cars plus the benz. I did not intend to bash the GS, especially as I have not driven it, but reinforce that emlod has a point as far as the cost is concerned. I appreciate your feedback that this car can be had for less than MSRP as I was not anticipating that given how "new" the car is. Also I was a bit surprised that the AWD car I built online twice over a month ago at $65K now comes in at $63.5K today.

By geenzz
on 07/20/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

I'm not sure how you can give 3 stars for Reliability. Sounds like you're biased toward German cars. That's fine, but German cars are unreliable and very expensive to maintain once the warranty ends. I'm basing this from owning 2 BMW - X5 and 5 series, I'm also basing this on Consumer Reports reliability ratings. Sounds like your rating is based on a disagreement between you and your wife.

By hoovey2411
on 04/05/12 15:40 PM (PDT)

If your having problems with the technology we have Vehicle Technology Specialists (VTS) at Lexus dealers who are more than happy to answer any questions you have about the car and technology involved!

By nutsaboutcars
on 07/19/12 04:02 AM (PDT)

Iam looking to read reviews from real consumers who are actual driving this car. This november i will be in the market for a new luxury car such as the Lexus gs. Iam looking to read comments about ride quality like is it to soft or to harsh or just right in the middle and is there any road noise that comes in to the cabin with the 18 inch tires

By unigugu
on 06/01/12 15:07 PM (PDT)

This is not a review. You are just whining about your poor financial choice you made. It has nothing to do with the car. I rate your review "zero" star.

By smuvgs3
on 04/06/12 13:53 PM (PDT)

If you don't like cutting edge technology and you want lame duck technology then you should have bought a Buick Lacrosse,or a Cadillac CTS or even a Chrysler 300C. Comparing a Lexus to a Volvo is like choosing a 3g smartphone instead of buying a 4g one IMO.

By mushmouth
on 04/06/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

I think Emlod makes a good point. I'm intrigued by the GS and may take it for a drive but when I select my preferred options the car is priced at $65k. I drove the S60 T6 R Design and that is a really nice car. The S60 can be had, very nicely equipped, for 49k-50k including destination. Don't write off the S60 before driving it. Although I have not driven the GS yet my inclination is to say given the cost I'd take the S60. I don't want to spend $65K but if I did I'd likely be considering cars other than the GS. The S60 does have some highway road noise which I expect would not be an issue in the Lexus.

By zoombie99
on 04/05/12 13:09 PM (PDT)

I could understand your rating but I question how you can up with only three stars for reliability, you just got the car and there is on indication that you had any reliability issues. These cars are very reliable.

By abacomike
on 05/03/12 22:02 PM (PDT)

In response to mushmouth and his preference for a Volvo S60, the GS350 and Volvo S60 are as similar as a whale is to a jellyfish. I got my GS350 loaded with Mark Levinson 860 watt 17 speaker system, Blindspot warning system Luxury Package, preferred package, Navigation - MSRP was $58,800 and I paid $54,500 less $1500 conquest. You mean to tell me the new LEXUS GS350 is not worth that price? You must be kidding and you haven't even deiven the car yet! I traded my 2012 $64,000 Benz for this car and it is twice the car the Benz was, and 10x the car the Volvo is. Reliability of the Lexus is one of the highest in the industry and the Volvo is certainly not considered nearly as dependable! Drive it first before you knock the car. I drove the Volvo twice, and the workmanship and quality is not even a close "third" to the Lexus!

By luckys
on 06/21/14 19:56 PM (PDT)

I bought my 2014 for 54,000 no other car gives you this much for that amount of dough! I have a black F sport with cabernet interior. I must admit I was smitten with this color combo and was one reason I did not leave the lot till i had the car. Also I see a ton of E350 and bmw 5 drivers around but less of the Gs, I like this! I also prefer the exterior of the Gs F to those two cars. My fiance was in love with it after comparing it to the E class. Drive is better, reliability is better, tech is one generation ahead of Mb, and you get a better loaded car for less money! My lease deal is follows, 1500 down, 566 out the door a month for 24 months! This is not much more then a loaded a4 will run you. The Mb with fake leather and inferior tech was 1500 down and 595 a month for 27 months. Even for the same price I must say the Lexus won for me. I did not drive the 5 series because looks are poor in my judgement, in fact the 3 may be better looking even, they look so similar only a bmw fan could tell them apart. I probably would even choose a is 250 over the 3 or audi, I test drove it also and the look has grown on me, the 200 hp v6 on it is sufficient for all but the most race car driver types. In short is and gs are winners in my book ( also did not drive Cadillac as price is way too high for their history and the looks are also ran in my book, come on Cadillac get new stylists and new designs.