Daily Driver Long on Adrenalin
By vanguard1987 on
2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
For middle management guys like me, who go for cars like this, you've to stop lying to yourself. I'd love to say max power, max torque and racing handling are my top priorities. They're not though, they can't be. Reliability and comfort have to occupy some top spots. Before I enjoy the daily adrenalin shot that I get from my 2013 GS350 F-Sport, it had better start, emmerse my senses and not leave me in a cloud of steam on the side of the road somewhere. I promise you that this car can handle everything and anything that you're going to want to do in the real world. Your bravery will run out and your consideration for not crossing from spirited to reckless driving will kick in well below the limits of the F-Sport. Great track day car? No. But I'm going to work a lot more often then going to the track. I just want to enjoy the hell out of the daily commute and dude, it just doesn't get any better in this price range. This car makes me feel alive, proud, motivated. I can see it from my 5th floor corner office and it calls to me all day long. I can't wait to drive it and I get a goofy smile every time I get in. Ignore the track teleme-trickery and get the car that soothes your brow as well as it lights your fire. When you click into Sport + mode, this car will strain at the leash and bark out a multi-stage exhaust note that is 100% primal scream. When your talent runs out, it will make the decisions that you failed to, and ensure that you live to tell the tale to your dude-bro's AND get your daughter to her volleyball game on time. I promise, you will not be disappointed in this work of engineering excellence.
Favorite Features
The exhaust note above 6,500 RPMs is just incredible. The styling has a bonkers element but still exudes maturity and style. Looked at home in the bank parking lot as well as the track day parking lot with the other weekend warrior wanna-be's. The 19" F-Sport rims get as much attention and compliments as any feature on this car. Handling, holy cow. Prepare to feel like a driving god as you defy the laws of physics in the bends. Interior is beautiful in daylight but just wait until it gets dark outside. When the lighting effects kick in, you'll wonder what you did in life to deserve anything this amazing.
Suggested Improvements
Exterior glass and plastics are too easily damaged. Plastics have the same durability as candle wax, showing rock dings after just 6 months of easy commuting. Windshield had to be gel injected after a rock left a quarter sized round crack. No coin holder? Seriously? Guess I'll just hold my coins in my clenched shaking fist as I curse this design omission on this $50K car.
By dyeyk
on 08/23/13 18:17 PM (PDT)

Ditto!

By sjr200
on 10/09/13 07:47 AM (PDT)

This review is spot on. Couldn't have said it any better. The GS 350 F is just pure pleasure to drive.