Used 2013 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

2013 GS350
By mwong3

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have the new GS350 for 2 months now, and it is excellent. Like most of you, I have a busy life. My previous BMW 3 series was just a disappointment, poor ride quality, stiff steering, maintainence problems. I felt like all I had was a car with 4 wheels and a BMW badge. The GS just elevates the driving experience to a whole new level. I just feel totally pampered inside the car, with top quality material, leather, wood, and technology. The ride and steering is softer than the BMW. But I much prefer it at the end of a busy day when I am dead tired. I no longer have to struggle to turn the car out of a packed car park because of a stiff steering wheel.

My only suggestion is for the reviewers in all these car blogs who want to compare how a car perform on the track or cornering at high speed. I am afraid that I don't drive on a track and always try to slow down before turning a corner. And I challenge that 99% of all buyers of GS, BMW 5 series or Mercedes E class do the same. So why don't the reviewers compare the cars based on real life everyday driving situations? I would like to see these improvements in car reviews.

Boring
By ijkmno

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a new GS-350 as a company car. It's very...uh, nice, I guess. The handling is mushy and imprecise. The drivetrain is about as responsive as a defensive tackle. It has all the creature comforts you would expect from a Lexus. However, the stereo is lousy - whoever Mark Levinson is, he's stealing money from Lexus by getting paid to put his name on the premium sound system. All in all, it's a car that will make you feel older than you are. I didn't realize how little fun it is to drive until I quit my job and bought an Acura TL - now THAT's a driver's car.

None.

Maybe the F version of this thing has some some kick to it, but the standard car is as much fun to drive as one of my grandfather's Cadillac's from the 60's.

F-Sport is the best 5-Series competitor ever...
By hockyguy4u

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The GS350 F-Sport is, in reality, the best "5-Series" ever built. It is very tight, has precise weighted steering, and handles like a BMW--or even better-- in every way. It is the ultimate sports luxury sedan...but you need to get the F-Sport version and drive it in Sport+ mode (the most aggressive mode), which decrease gas milage somewhat. However, unlike the 5-series, the GS350 has the interior quality and fine leather of a $100K+ car (I'm not exaggerating--especially with the cabernet interior), and the build quality and long-term reliability and service that BMW or Audi can't match. Btw, I've been been driving German sports sedans for years, and this Lexus beats them all.

Tight ride and steering, quality of leather, interior, the best sports seats ever (on the F-Sport only), a very responsive high-revving engine (feels much stronger than 306 hp!), Mark Levinson Sound ( it's spectacular for easy listening, jazz, and classical music espec., but it's very elegant and not designed for heavy bass/boom-box type music), Lexus build quality and reliability.

Only comes with 6-speed auto transmission, so it doesn't get the high mpg of an 8-speed (I average 21 mpg), poor quality tires--Bridgestone Turanzas-- that come standard with the AWD F-Sport model (Unlike the great tires on the RWD version). Once I got rid of the Turanzas and got performance tires, it took this great car to even a new level

So far so good
By mprage

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I replaced my Audi A6 2010 with this car mostly for Lexus' reputation for reliability. I loved driving the Audi but it had too many maintenance issues. In terms of driving feel and design the lexus is good but not as good as Audi IMHO. Had the car for 2 months so far and hoping no maintenance issues come up in the future. I commute about 25 miles per day in mixed highway city and am averaging 18-19 mpg. No appreciable difference when using econ mode. This reviews probably sounds negative but I do like the car alot - just a little peeved by the small issues.

Stereo sounds great. Looks good in an understated way. Comfortable and fun to drive.

-Backup camera often blinded by raindrops. -Trunk ofen refuses to latch. -Limited voice commands - can't cancel nav guidance using voice. -Lexus Enform app often turns on by itself and drains the cellpone battery

Daily Driver Long on Adrenalin
By vanguard1987

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For middle management guys like me, who go for cars like this, you've to stop lying to yourself. I'd love to say max power, max torque and racing handling are my top priorities. They're not though, they can't be. Reliability and comfort have to occupy some top spots. Before I enjoy the daily adrenalin shot that I get from my 2013 GS350 F-Sport, it had better start, emmerse my senses and not leave me in a cloud of steam on the side of the road somewhere. I promise you that this car can handle everything and anything that you're going to want to do in the real world. Your bravery will run out and your consideration for not crossing from spirited to reckless driving will kick in well below the limits of the F-Sport. Great track day car? No. But I'm going to work a lot more often then going to the track. I just want to enjoy the hell out of the daily commute and dude, it just doesn't get any better in this price range. This car makes me feel alive, proud, motivated. I can see it from my 5th floor corner office and it calls to me all day long. I can't wait to drive it and I get a goofy smile every time I get in. Ignore the track teleme-trickery and get the car that soothes your brow as well as it lights your fire. When you click into Sport + mode, this car will strain at the leash and bark out a multi-stage exhaust note that is 100% primal scream. When your talent runs out, it will make the decisions that you failed to, and ensure that you live to tell the tale to your dude-bro's AND get your daughter to her volleyball game on time. I promise, you will not be disappointed in this work of engineering excellence.

The exhaust note above 6,500 RPMs is just incredible. The styling has a bonkers element but still exudes maturity and style. Looked at home in the bank parking lot as well as the track day parking lot with the other weekend warrior wanna-be's. The 19" F-Sport rims get as much attention and compliments as any feature on this car. Handling, holy cow. Prepare to feel like a driving god as you defy the laws of physics in the bends. Interior is beautiful in daylight but just wait until it gets dark outside. When the lighting effects kick in, you'll wonder what you did in life to deserve anything this amazing.

Exterior glass and plastics are too easily damaged. Plastics have the same durability as candle wax, showing rock dings after just 6 months of easy commuting. Windshield had to be gel injected after a rock left a quarter sized round crack. No coin holder? Seriously? Guess I'll just hold my coins in my clenched shaking fist as I curse this design omission on this $50K car.