Used 2013 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Hidden Gem
By Jeanne

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car drives like a dream - sports car feel & handling with the convenience and space of a sedan. Looks sleek and sharp. Handles the curves well an so much fun to drive. The stereo and cabin creature comforts are unmatched. Seats are very comfortable for longer drives. LOVE THIS CAR!

Picked GS 350 over A6 - tough by perfect choice!
By knew33

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 GS 350 after agonizing between it and the A6. In fact, having previously owned two Audi?s, I thought my mind was made up. After too much research, I was still intent on the A6 even though the GS 350 had risen on my radar. I recalled seeing the new 2013 GS at a car show and being blown away by the cockpit and that cool display, but that was about it. I still wanted the German feel and Audi engineering/design. When I finally drove a loaded A6 30T Prestige I was a bit underwhelmed. I can?t explain why ? it was beautiful and had lots of grunt off the line. Maybe my expectations were too high. My mind verified all the good things that I had read in reviews. But I was left feeling empty ? and at that price point, I wanted to feel more - in my heart. Then I test drove the GS. It immediately wowed me in comparison. Again, I could not explain why, but it felt better? it spoke to my mind and heart. And oh, how that engine growl sang to me as the RPMs shot past 4,500 on the tach compared to the silence of the A6. So this sent me back to my research ? exhaustive research ? trying to quantify the differences so I could make my purchase with confidence. It was tough since I had such brand loyalty to Audi... and had been looking forward to getting back into one now that my kids were old enough not to trash it with spilled milk and gummy bears. But I kept hesitating. In the end, and after test driving another A6 I went with the GS 350. The deciding factors were clear? it was fun to drive, had impeccable build quality, was luxurious and sporty (lux package, thank you) and had a reputation for industry-leading reliability. It was a few pennys cheaper too (in purchase price and cost of ownership)? And I figured that it would be a rather high mileage car when the time came to sell it, and would clearly be worth more than a high mileage German car thanks to that Lexus reliability. Now that I have been driving it more, I can better quantify the differences over the A6 and why I love it so much. It feels better as a driver?s car, tight and hunkered down? it drives small... and being able to choose Sport + mode turns it into more of a speed-racer than this dad with a past could become bored of? stomp on the gas and the sound is visceral. I?m a driver?s driver, but I also live in the real world spending most of my time commuting. And I look forward to commuting with this car. The GS is my sanctuary and elicits passion, not just in the way it drives, but in the way it surrounds you in sport AND luxury. The seats are the best I?ve ever experienced and this is one reason the A6 left me feeling unloved. The A6 seats are flat and uninspired. The GS seats w/ the lux package hug me? literally. The leather and slightly retro/slightly futuristic cockpit in black with linear espresso wood makes me feel ensconced. And the big display is just wow? The A6 felt a bit sterile compared to this car. It lacked passion for me. So in the end, I am reluctant, surprised and totally satisfied GS 350 owner.

Love this car!
By jow3441

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned 2013 GS350 AWD for two months and really enjoy driving the car. I drove Infiniti Q50, G37x, M37, Hyundai Genesis, and BMW 335 and picked the GS. It had a solid ride and quality unmatched by the others.

Love all the electronic gadgetry particularly the sound system, blind spot monitor, park assist, and large screen. I like the exterior design, especially from the rear. The exhaust tips look awesome. The quality of the interior is first class. Initially I thought the seats were too firm but I have grown to like the firmness.

Could always use a little more power. For a car in this price range HP in the range of 350 to 400 would be nice. Initially I had some concerns with harshness of ride but determined the tires were over-inflated by 5-6 pounds. After correcting tire pressure the ride is much improved. I find the navigation system somewhat complex to use.

2013 GS 350 F Sport - Most fun to drive!
By dyeyk

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took my time buying in December 2012, actually spending 4 weekends test-driving the A6, 535i, E350, and GS 350 F Sport. I bought the GS 350 F Sport ... it's just simply the most fun to drive. To top it off, it had all the luxury-sports styling & character, & options & features that mattered most to me. 8 months and 6,000+ miles after, it is still exhilarating to drive this car, and it continues to get comps from kins, friends, and colleagues. Only reason it has relatively low mileage is that I have 2 other cars that also need to be driven. I look forward to many years of reliable use, minimal maintenance cost (for oil and filters, tires, break pads) & excellent Lexus center services.

Powerful engine, great handling in and out of curves, comfortable ride even on Sports+ mode, aggressive front styling, low profile stance, luxurious cabernet red leather interior, comfortable seats, mouse navigational control, big readable screen, intuitive comprehensive instrumentation panel

1. Provide user-configurable option to automatically trigger Sport+ mode when driver floors the accelerator 2. Re-design rear to have more aggressive styling (less height, lower profile) 3. Rear lights need to be bigger / longer (sportier looking) 4. Trunk opening should be bigger, and (a)sensor to automated open and close the trunk and (b)exterior touch-sensitive recessed lock sensor outside the trunk to lock the car (like those existing one in door handles) 5. Electronically folding side mirrors. 6. Relocate seat heater-AC buttons so these are not blocked by cups in cup holders 7. Make pre-collision system a standard safety feature 8. LED illumination should be standard in and out

Tested many, found the best in the GS
By tropwes

2013 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Tested BMW 535XI, E350 Benz, Jaguar XF, Acura TL and after nearly buying the E350 Benz, landed on the 2013 Lexus GS. The moment I sat down in the drivers seat, after trying all of those other models, I was going to own the GS. The technology, comfort, screen size and logic before I even put it in to drive were amazing. Once I took it out on the highway, I felt like I owned the road as it hugged the lane and I hardly had to touch the steering, but when I did, my god! I still haven't found out where the limit is on cornering speed is. I am getting a solid 27mpg with mostly highway driving as I commute 50 miles each way. I couldn't imagine owning any other car...

My favorite feature is the monster screen and interface, second is the speed and functionality and ridiculous amount of options cooked in to the GPS that are beyond everything I could ever think to make available. The ease and speed and logic is really the best of any car manufacturer tested and just the color and feel are outstanding. Cooled seats, great storage, great looks, performance of the ride, comfort... I could go on and on. I am at 30K on the odometer and the only thing I am not in complete love with... it's my dealer. They blew it on a windshield replacement twice and it was super frustrating.

I would include better standard sound. I would also figure out a way to offer better highway fuel economy... a 7th gear if you will.

• SUV