2010 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Review: Poor highway speed handling

2010 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Review

Poor highway speed handling
By gary on

2010 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have complained about wandering at highway speeds. Car requires continuous steering corrections. Factory rep checked, realigned and dealer has changed tire brands. Still the same. I don't trust Lexus (aka Toyota) to admit any problem especially since factory rep says he has never heard of any probs like this. He admitted he never reads Lexus sites. Relationship between electric steering, wheel/tire and suspension doesn't seem to be near as precise as my mbz clk500 but this car is as my wife describes: "jittery." I don't Dare take my eyes of the road for a second. I might end up three feet into another lane or shoulder of the road. Have 7,500 miles on odo.

gobs of power and yet gets great mileaqe (23-24 mpg in city). drives very well until highway speeds and then it is unpredictable and tends to wander on any road surface. great brakes. styling makes car look bigger than actual and it does stand out.

homelink buttons impossible to see or feel at night. can feel all tranny downshifts from 50 mph down and the 30 mph downshift feel as if brakes are on. gps/audio/ac screen impossible to read if sun shining through windshield. front console hinged wrong; very difficult for driver to use unless parked.