Used 2010 Lexus GS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Awesome car
By yodamark

2010 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2011 GS350 for 3 years. It was the last one of this body style on the lot and I got an amazing deal on it! This is my 4th Lexus, and my wife drives 2012 RX350. Amazing car. It is dead quiet at only 87 dB on the highway at 65 mph as measured by my sound level meter. The GS350 handles great, drives great, takes bumps nicely, and is fun to drive. At 25K miles I have never had a single issue with it, nor with any of my other Lexus or Toyota vehicles. Best "value" Lexus sedan out there. I think the snappy performance has saved me from an accident more than once. I will be in market for GX460 soon just for something different.

Favorite Features

HID headlights, AWD performance in winter (with Blizzak snow tires a must), handling, power, quiet, comfort, great gas mileage (30+ mpg on highway at 65 mph!). One reason I bought was for the 10 airbags - I feel very safe in this car.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo should be better - i give it a 7/10 compared to just about any other entry luxury car I have owned. No other complaints at all.

Miss My IS-350 but then I don't....
By lamario

2010 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for two years now after never thinking I'd get rid of my IS-350. But I needed something bigger and with more features and this car is still awesome after two years. It's not as fun to drive as the IS but it's more of a laid back ride that has more features and makes you feel more important when driving it, ha ha. But the only things I would improve is the trunk space, speaker sound, and the passenger side wiper blade. Also I'd add the sunglass stowage back to this car. Why did they remove it? All in all I still love this car as I am just a big Lexus fan and I after two years of driving this car, I'm pretty happy with the choice I made to trade my IS in for the GS

Favorite Features

Where do I start........everything! Love that this car has so many comfort features and the LED lighting in the interior sets a smooth feel and ambiance for driving.

Suggested Improvements

more trunk space, better speakers, tighter handling. Sometimes the car feels like it's trying to get away from you.

Like a Magic Carpet
By benesthesia

2010 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is absolutely incredible. I came from a 2004 BMW 330xi that was a complete nightmare from beginning to end, so I was looking for a car that was not made in Europe. The GS is rocket fast, quiet, extremely luxurious, and has impeccable build quality. The only option I wish I had was the Levinson sound, but I must say, the 10-speaker factory audio is not too shabby at all. I am hoping this beautiful beast will be far more reliable than the joke/gouge-fest that is BMW.

Favorite Features

Ventilated seats, Adaptive headlights, Navigation

Suggested Improvements

Less restrictive navigation

Too many issues for the money
By kg3000

2010 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Dash squeak in the cold, there is a coolant smell every once in a while and in the summer if you have the windows down there is a sulfur smell coming from the exhaust. This is a nice car, but with the amount of issues and the price I would never recommend it. Also I have noticed that Lexus dealers are very quick to deny or just use the excuse that its not a big deal when they are approached with issues. Very disappointed in the car and in the way Lexus deals with issues.

Favorite Features

back up cam, sensors

Suggested Improvements

Fix the small issues, especially the sulfer smell from the exhaust.

So-so audio
By apc

2010 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Japanese luxury car, coming out of 2 Audis and 1 MB. Though it doesn't have the tight road feel of the German cars, it blows them away with the technology, rear camera, parktronic and nav. But, having said that the audio sound system is disappointing, We don't have the Mark Levenson system. Our sound system doesn't have the fullness or the sharpness of even the basic systems in the German cars I have had. You shouldn't have to pay an extra $2,000 to get a really great sound in a $50,000+ luxury car.

Favorite Features

Comfort; rear camera; parktronic; nav

Suggested Improvements

Basic audio sound system