Used 2010 Lexus GS 350 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Gs-350 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus GS 350

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Miss My IS-350 but then I don't....
By lamario

2010 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for two years now after never thinking I'd get rid of my IS-350. But I needed something bigger and with more features and this car is still awesome after two years. It's not as fun to drive as the IS but it's more of a laid back ride that has more features and makes you feel more important when driving it, ha ha. But the only things I would improve is the trunk space, speaker sound, and the passenger side wiper blade. Also I'd add the sunglass stowage back to this car. Why did they remove it? All in all I still love this car as I am just a big Lexus fan and I after two years of driving this car, I'm pretty happy with the choice I made to trade my IS in for the GS

Favorite Features

Where do I start........everything! Love that this car has so many comfort features and the LED lighting in the interior sets a smooth feel and ambiance for driving.

Suggested Improvements

more trunk space, better speakers, tighter handling. Sometimes the car feels like it's trying to get away from you.

MPG a big problem!
By phodson

2010 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have never checked the mpg on a car in 40 years of driving. I complained to the dealer from day one and am still trying to get some help. My average is about 13 mpg freeway or city streets got it up to 15 mpg on the road. I have heard really stupid comments from Lexus, but I am concerned, and if no other drivers have this problem guess it must be the car and a problem. If other drivers (cars) do have the problem I would really like to know. 3000 miles at present on the car

Favorite Features

comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Awful center glove it would be fine if our arms were attached differently. Still can't get the voice recognition to work for my contacts

Poor highway speed handling
By gary

2010 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have complained about wandering at highway speeds. Car requires continuous steering corrections. Factory rep checked, realigned and dealer has changed tire brands. Still the same. I don't trust Lexus (aka Toyota) to admit any problem especially since factory rep says he has never heard of any probs like this. He admitted he never reads Lexus sites. Relationship between electric steering, wheel/tire and suspension doesn't seem to be near as precise as my mbz clk500 but this car is as my wife describes: "jittery." I don't Dare take my eyes of the road for a second. I might end up three feet into another lane or shoulder of the road. Have 7,500 miles on odo.

Favorite Features

gobs of power and yet gets great mileaqe (23-24 mpg in city). drives very well until highway speeds and then it is unpredictable and tends to wander on any road surface. great brakes. styling makes car look bigger than actual and it does stand out.

Suggested Improvements

homelink buttons impossible to see or feel at night. can feel all tranny downshifts from 50 mph down and the 30 mph downshift feel as if brakes are on. gps/audio/ac screen impossible to read if sun shining through windshield. front console hinged wrong; very difficult for driver to use unless parked.

A nice, luxury car at a fair price.
By Howard

2010 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very enjoyable car. Compared with an Acura RL, Infiniti M and the new Buick LaCrosse. If the LaCrosse was RWD & had just a a few more luxury features, that would have been the car to own at $6,000 less. Nevertheless, very happy with the GS. Performance is great. Good time to buy a loaded GS as the 2011 model is coming soon with a re-design. 15 MPG in real world city driving and 29 MPG hwy driving at 65 MPG with a/c on.

Favorite Features

Navigation, rear camera, ride, comfortable seats, performance.

Suggested Improvements

Can't input navigation or phone information when going above 7 MPH. Blind spot at B pillar too large - difficult to see to exit from angular parking spaces.