Used 2009 Lexus GS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Puts the Mercedes 560 SEL to shame
By navyvet

2009 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Lexus dealership is amazing Prestige in NJ Handles on curves like a roller coaster no slip or slide The all wheel drive and the push button for extra power is amazing

Favorite Features

finish, reliability, service, handling ,comfort all outstanding

Suggested Improvements

They should take the Magellan GPS and use in in their cars as the factory supplied GPS even upgraded is very confusing as I had to buy a Magellan to keep in this car so I would not get lost

2009 GS 350 - That's all I drive.
By vdimaio77

2009 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned now three GS models 2000, 2006, and now 2009. Which I just picked up last week. The car is great - I had a couple of concerns with my 2006 model and I'm hoping that I'm not going to have this problem with my 2009 model. The Car has a very "sexy" look it to, Sporty and Classy, built for Comfort and Sport. It's a great combination of both, a real Sharp Car over all.

Favorite Features

I love the design and look of this car, It's very comfortable. The AWD - Wahoo, I'm considering putting a plow on this, You have to experience it. I can't believe how I make it through the snow, which is a must have living in the Boston area. The back-up camera along with the sensors are great features as well. The leather is very nice... I've only had this car for one week now, but I drove the gs300 2006 model for 4 years and the GS300 2000 model for 6 years. They did a great job with the car - against the A6 - BMW 5 - Jaguar - Lincon - Benz... I looked at all of them and Lexus is still the best of them all.

Suggested Improvements

The car is a big car and has a lot of wheel well space. It comes with a 17" rim, and the cry is crying for at least an 18" rim. It would make the car "Look" so much better and there is plenty of room for it. The drive flat tires are nice but too dammm expensive to replace. I go through tires a lot, between the pot holes in my area and my lovely luck of getting a flat tires.

I Love It, to my surprise
By VA Driver

2009 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a long time BMW 3-series fan. So when I needed to trade up to a bigger car, the natural course of action was to buy the 5-series. But wait. After driving both the 5 series and the GS 350 and comparing all their features, the Lexus made a lot more sense. Granted, the GS-350 is not as fun to drive as the 3-series BMW, but neither was the 5-series, after all they are much bigger cars. Nonetheless, the GS 350 is great to drive, is powerful, handles very well in the snow and is amazingly comfortable. I learned to love it very quickly and look forward to driving it whenever I can.

Favorite Features

Powerful; Mark Levinson sound system; extremely comfortable interior; exterior front side appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Fix cold weather rattles; larger trunk opening; unlock GPS system so that destinations can be added or changed while the car is moving.

Great Car!!!
By Jason60050

2009 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from a Civic Hyrbid this is an obvious step up and away from good gas mileage...I just wanted a larger car and found one that was a leftover 2009 with a 9K discount and could not pass up that offer on a Lexus. Great looking car and fun to drive, nice stereo....still getting used to the gas mileage versus my old hybrid, but that is ok it is still good for a 303 HP AWD vehicle.

Favorite Features

Ride, power, AWD, Navi, push button start.

Suggested Improvements

Fix cold weather rattles...i had none in my 2009 Civic Hybrid.

I love this car
By Big Coop

2009 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased this car and I have to tell you that I love it. I was driving a 2006 Ford 500 AWD and this is light years beyond what I ever expected. My mother has always loved the Lexus product, I now know why. It handles like it is on rails, the power is wonderful and the toys make driving it fun.

Favorite Features

I love the push button start, color (Blue), handling, suspension, luxury feel and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Just a few 1. Make trunk larger, the opening is tiny. 2. More room in back seat 3. The Nav system stinks - I can give better directions than that thing can. Overall though I love this car.