2008 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:
To many problems - not enough answers
By J. Thompson jr. on 05/27/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Already been to the shop 4 times. Rear View mirror vibrates too much. Heated seats are terrible (I can leave them on in the summer and still not feel heat)... Brake Dust... Dealer can't fix problems or admit these are problems. Lots of road noise. Navigation is terrible. I get that it's a "sports" ride but should it feel like I am driving in a 1987 SUV? Callers complain of quality when I use Bluetooth.

Disappointed
By john bauernfeind on 04/22/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had 2000 GS and RX 300 and liked them. Our new GS is a disappointment. Excessive brake dust, small trunk, lack of leg room in back seat, difficulty in getting out of back, feeling that the roof is too close to my head, ride is rough when not on a smooth road, road noise when not on a smooth road. Have only 7500 mi after 15 mo. Would dearly love to get a 2010 RX but will wait till 2012.

Great Value, No Compromise in Quality
By John on 03/24/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving Experience: Acceleration good (sometimes rigid transition); I have the 18'' tires and you get a good feel for the road; Great turning radius; Interior is the best in class! I feel like I am in a luxurious cockpit. Wood is divine (I have tan interior leather. The tan leather is hard to maintain a clean look; Rims are very stylish; I get 26MPG when I go on road trips...300HP and 27MPG highway! Can't top that. City mileage in LA: 16MPG... mostly because my wife is idle on the roads.; An absolute joy to drive.

Fast and Beautiful
By Philip on 03/04/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned an 06 and the 08 takes care of the few things that the 06 lacked, such as the horse power! This car runs great, accelerates quickly and can stop on a dime. I have never had a better car. I love the nav and the music systems--they are the best. Definitely the best car for the money!!

Great Car, Needs Some Upgrades
By Gary U on 02/13/09 19:20 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had my GS 350 a few days yet driving it is an absolute pleasure. Acceleration is excellent, handling is very good, the seats are comfortable and the sound system is superb. However, the navi, Bluetooth and lack of XM radio are a disappointment. I owned two Acura TLs, the last being the TL Type S, both fine cars. However, I wanted a smooth ride, but still with some power. The GS 350 certainly fills that order. However, the navi system is inferior in every way to the Acura TL as is the Bluetooth operation. The Acura came with XM for free and if you want to install XM on the GS 350, it is an $850 charge. Despite the negatives, the positives are so many that it makes this car a joy

Best car I have ever driven
By govikes80 on 02/08/09 22:36 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most fun car I have ever owned. I test drove BMW, Audi, Cadillac and found this to be my favorite. Windshield rattle fixed with one trip to dealer. CD text proprietary cd info from sony only a bit annoying as cd titles lacking on nearly all discs unless burn new mp3 or audio disc. Extremely nice ride and truly feels as if in a cockpit. Smokey granite, with black interior.

Fun to drive!
By LXS350 on 10/17/08 09:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The GS 350 is a great car. You do get excess brake dust on the front wheels, however this is because they are performance brakes! There is limited trunk space. Rear leg room is good and the rear seats are big and comfortable. Fuel economy is good and if you want anything better... well you should not buy a Lexus. Cabin noise is very low. Only thing that is a pain is the voice activated system. By the time it has finished telling you "After the beep please say a command" you could have pushed the buttons. Overall it is a great car!

Magnificent Car with Few Flaws
By Monica on 09/25/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my dream car in Feb/08. Took the car to the dealer 5 times to fix the excessive brake dust on the front wheels. Dealer tried to fix them, but after 5 times, they could not fix it. Finally they told me that the factory knew abut this dust problem, but can not fix it themselves. Factory said if customer complains they will replace with an upgraded pads. But the upgraded pads make so much noise when braking, no one can stand it, so the dealer put the original pad back, the dust problem stays. I wish the sales person told me so. Also trunk and back seat leg room too small. Driver seat side too narrow, can not clean properly. Brake dust is the main problem. Lexus solutions?

Amazing Car
By Tom D on 09/10/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing combination of luxury and performance. I have the 40 series summer tires and the cornering is amazing. Looked at the G35/M35 (owned 2 other Infinitis) & 535. The G35/M35 turns WAY too many RPM on the highway - 3400 versus 2300 (GS) at 80. The 535 was TOO expensive, $15,000 more out the door with comparable equipment. The GS is faster than the M35 plus gets several more MPG.

Some minor quality control issues
By Tully44 on 09/07/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being my first Lexus, this 2007 GS350 has spoiled me. I'm not sure I can shop for another manufacturer once my lease is up. But I have experienced some minor quality control issues that are annoying. Within the first 13 months, both side view mirrors gave out and required replacement (occurred at different time), the memory positions for the passenger front seat stopped working (replaced a solenoid), The sunroof wouldn't flip open (replaced a solenoid) and the motorized trunk would not secure (replaced a mechanism within the motor). These have all been nuisance repairs but disappointing none the less. Mechanically, the car is trouble-free.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.