2008 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:
Best sports sedan for the money
By vl1505 on 07/13/11 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being a mechanic and car enthusiast, I've driven hundreds if not thousands of cars. The only vehicle on the road that's overall better than 350 is 450h. 350 has plenty of power, it's comfortable, roomy, interior materials are very high quality and are well-assembled. Navi, cam, BT are superb. Ride quality is smooth, no cabin noise.. I could talk about GS's styling and performance all day, but it won't convince most potential buyers to lean toward purchasing this beautiful piece of machinery. Even under warranty you have to change oil, filters and brakes. Call Lexus dealer and you'll be pleasantly surprised that GS parts cost about same as Corolla. And I don't recommend buying a warranty

Nice commuter car
By v on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I replaced my BMW 7 for this car because it basically a Toyota with an L. I have had it for little over a year. Never had any issues with it. Right now with about 35,000 on it, it has never been in the shop. It does not compare to a BMW or BENZ, I have owned both. I got sick of the HIGH repair costs on the Beamer that drove me to this car. It is a very well made car with tons of cool tech stuff that I'm too busy to learn about. CONs: If you are used to BMW or BENZ this car has a lot more road noise. I ended up just living with it because it's super reliable and actually we traded my wife's M-roadster for a Lexus 400 and love that car too.

wow
By kenvaillancourt on 06/20/10 20:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased and love. I am over 6 feet and able to make the transition from a larger car. Mark Levinson FANTASTIC. Gas mileage after 2 refills over 19 mpg with aggressive driving. I actually hope to keep for a long time. Purchased with Michelin tires and they are great..

Best car I've ever owned
By raiderdave on 03/17/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first new car that I have owned that I did not have to take back to the dealership for a repair before the first oil change. It is extremely comfortable, and good looking. The only problem i have experienced with it, is that the front rims get very dirty between car washes.

Nice luxury sedan...
By Carrito Fino on 11/01/09 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a great buy for those who want a nice luxury sedan with nice reliability and comforts. The car hasn't had any type of problems yet and has been great. Comfort and luxury are its main attributes. It rides softly and smoothly. Engine is strong and chassis is well behaved, but do not expect mind bending athleticism. It is a great option to the Germans, and probably the most civilized of the Japanese.

Nice Car... No Space
By dj1billion on 08/13/09 17:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great looks, smooth ride, no rear seat space and no trunk space. You figure for 52k it would be bigger than the Avalon.

Great Car - But...
By LexusJoe on 06/12/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had the car a little over a year, and I love this car! Great pick up, fun to drive. Nav system is awesome. Sound system ok. HOWEVER - they are trying to bleed me dry on service. Ridiculous items required for "scheduled maintenance" all under the 20K mark for mileage. And front brakes already worn out at only 20K miles! Come on! I had an ES and the thing worked great up to 80K miles. This keeps up, I might actually switch to a BMW next go around...

Disappointed
By john bauernfeind on 04/22/09 20:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had 2000 GS and RX 300 and liked them. Our new GS is a disappointment. Excessive brake dust, small trunk, lack of leg room in back seat, difficulty in getting out of back, feeling that the roof is too close to my head, ride is rough when not on a smooth road, road noise when not on a smooth road. Have only 7500 mi after 15 mo. Would dearly love to get a 2010 RX but will wait till 2012.

Great Value, No Compromise in Quality
By John on 03/24/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Driving Experience: Acceleration good (sometimes rigid transition); I have the 18'' tires and you get a good feel for the road; Great turning radius; Interior is the best in class! I feel like I am in a luxurious cockpit. Wood is divine (I have tan interior leather. The tan leather is hard to maintain a clean look; Rims are very stylish; I get 26MPG when I go on road trips...300HP and 27MPG highway! Can't top that. City mileage in LA: 16MPG... mostly because my wife is idle on the roads.; An absolute joy to drive.

Fast and Beautiful
By Philip on 03/04/09 08:28 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned an 06 and the 08 takes care of the few things that the 06 lacked, such as the horse power! This car runs great, accelerates quickly and can stop on a dime. I have never had a better car. I love the nav and the music systems--they are the best. Definitely the best car for the money!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.