Used 2008 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus GS 350

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Fast and Beautiful
By Philip

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned an 06 and the 08 takes care of the few things that the 06 lacked, such as the horse power! This car runs great, accelerates quickly and can stop on a dime. I have never had a better car. I love the nav and the music systems--they are the best. Definitely the best car for the money!!

Favorite Features

The new 3.5 liter engine is strong and was what the 06 lacked, it pulls hard and gets good mileage. The nav system, that I didn't want, turned out to be great and now I can't live without it! Best feature is the style, I still get compliments!

Suggested Improvements

It's almost perfect!

Best sports sedan for the money
By vl1505

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Being a mechanic and car enthusiast, I've driven hundreds if not thousands of cars. The only vehicle on the road that's overall better than 350 is 450h. 350 has plenty of power, it's comfortable, roomy, interior materials are very high quality and are well-assembled. Navi, cam, BT are superb. Ride quality is smooth, no cabin noise.. I could talk about GS's styling and performance all day, but it won't convince most potential buyers to lean toward purchasing this beautiful piece of machinery. Even under warranty you have to change oil, filters and brakes. Call Lexus dealer and you'll be pleasantly surprised that GS parts cost about same as Corolla. And I don't recommend buying a warranty

Favorite Features

Interior, wheels, electronics, ride quality

Great car - it will surprise you
By FreddyK

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car in October 2009. Mileage is better than expected. 5 road trips with my worst mileage 26.8 best 28.2. Just put new Michelin Pilots on last week to replace the Dunlop Sport tires. Night and day difference.

Favorite Features

Great nav system. Back up camera very good. Fit and finish always great.

Suggested Improvements

Tons of break dust on the wheels right after cleaning. Cooled seats not very good. Trunk much smaller than my 2002 GS 430.

not made like the older ls400
By lz4004

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, it`s a great car although engine noise and squeaky brakes in the winter months. I still drive my 1990 ls400 i bought new as well.

Favorite Features

Lots of power!

Suggested Improvements

Brake pads and rotors replaced under warranty but still squeel.

Paying a lot of money for a lot of issue
By kg3000

2008 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Dash squeak in the cold, there is a coolant smell every once in a while and in the summer if you have the windows down there is a sulfur smell coming from the exhaust. This is a nice car, but with the amount of issues and the price I would never recommend it. Also I have noticed that Lexus dealers are very quick to deny or just use the excuse that its not a big deal when they are approached with issues. Very disappointed in the car and in the way Lexus deals with issues.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, heated/cooled seats

Suggested Improvements

Fix the issues above, it could be a very nice car, but it seems Lexus is more interested in denying issues then fixing them.