2007 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Review: GS 350 Post Honeymoon

2007 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

GS 350 Post Honeymoon
By Rob on

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several luxury sedans over the past 20 years. While all offered excellent driving experiences, there was nothing obnoxious about these vehicles. More recently I was in the market for a new luxury sedan. I looked at the Acura RL for several months but could not get past the uninspired exterior styling. About 6 weeks ago I walked into a Lexus dealer for the first time and fell in love with the GS 350. It was love at first sight and I made the purchase. But, the honeymoon was over in a matter of days. I have since learned this beautiful lady has some serious drawbacks that compromise itís standing as a serious luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

It seems Lexus has over looked some ergonomic issues and put lots of energy into over engineering unnecessary safety into many of its subsystems. Unfortunately, these safety features diminish the driving experience one would expect from a $50K automobile. But I love the styling of the GS 350.

Suggested Improvements

Rain sensor not sensitive enough to keep windshield clear in light or misty rain. Auto headlight sensor is too sensitive. AWD steering is aweful. Disable auto tilt mirror on driver side when in reverse. Get rid of drop down control console, cassete player and ashtray. Fix nav system.