2007 Lexus GS 350 Consumer Review: Grown & Sexy

2007 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Review

Grown & Sexy
By 2TearsNaBucket on

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is almost great. The exterior design is gorgeous and powerful while the inside is luxurious and super comfortable. However, I wouldn't have bought the car without the nav - it's just that good. I didn't, however, opt for the ML sound package because the standard system is pretty darn good. BMWs and Audis are probably more fun to drive hard because of their superior steering feedback, but the GS can hold its own - it handles surprising well for a big car. Dallas has few twisty roads or hills but plenty of hard, concrete highways, so the Lexus' suspension has the best combination of comfort and sport I could find. I wish the back seats folded flat (only has a ski pass-thru), though.

Favorite Features

Power delivery from the 306 HP engine is silky smooth and nearly effortless, you barely feel the transmission shift between its 6 gears, the suspension soaks up all the bumps but still remains athletic, the gadget list is long and includes the best navigation systems, A/C seats are great in Texas.

Suggested Improvements

Not a fan of the drop-down control panel, the small trunk, over-zealous brakes and traction control nanny (which can be disabled thankfully). In all, I'm very happy with the car. The few suggestions I have don't take much alway from the car.