Used 2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

GS 350 AWD Winter driving
By carbco

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love our car. It beats the heck out of our numerous BMWs and MBs. The only car we've had that handles better were our Porsches. This car gets a consistent 25 mpg in mixed driving and 28-30 on the highway. Love the look of the car too! Took the run-flats off immediately and installed studless ice tires and use them year round. A lot less road noise and during the winter don't have to chain up as they are approved (the same as studded tires) for winter driving in Oregon. Haven't seen abnormal wear with the softer rubber and don't have to spend $60 to change out studs in the summer.

Love the looks, great tranny, great power from a V6 Lots of nav functions but I think I'll never use most of them, comfortable seats.

Need standard iPod plug like our Honda for $30K less and XM standard. Junk the run flat tires.

Sweet!
By Howard 44

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just an all-around great, comfortable car. Doors close like a 1969 Cadillac (that's a good thing). Performance is terrific, ride is soft but firm (as I like it) I have driven for 10 hours straight (minus bathroom breaks) without having a sore back at the end of the day. FWIW, tested the Cadillac STS, Acura RL and BMW 535i. I have no doubt that I made the right choice with the Lexus.

Engine, comfortable seats, HID headlights and small turning radius.

Move the fuel door release to the dash, shorten the C pillar for better side/rear view when changing lanes.

GS 350 Post Honeymoon
By Rob

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned several luxury sedans over the past 20 years. While all offered excellent driving experiences, there was nothing obnoxious about these vehicles. More recently I was in the market for a new luxury sedan. I looked at the Acura RL for several months but could not get past the uninspired exterior styling. About 6 weeks ago I walked into a Lexus dealer for the first time and fell in love with the GS 350. It was love at first sight and I made the purchase. But, the honeymoon was over in a matter of days. I have since learned this beautiful lady has some serious drawbacks that compromise it’s standing as a serious luxury sedan.

It seems Lexus has over looked some ergonomic issues and put lots of energy into over engineering unnecessary safety into many of its subsystems. Unfortunately, these safety features diminish the driving experience one would expect from a $50K automobile. But I love the styling of the GS 350.

Rain sensor not sensitive enough to keep windshield clear in light or misty rain. Auto headlight sensor is too sensitive. AWD steering is aweful. Disable auto tilt mirror on driver side when in reverse. Get rid of drop down control console, cassete player and ashtray. Fix nav system.

My First Lexus
By Rob

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first Lexus. We’ve owned Acuras, BMWs, and Mercedes but the Lexus GS 350 hit the mark for us. The interior styling is absolutely gorgeous, the instrument cluster is one of the best I have seen, the leather trim is smooth and creamy, and the finish on the Red Walnut wood trim is rich and deep. The exterior is also very appealing, especially when you upgrade to chrome wheels. The GS 350 is a real head turner.

Interior and exterior styling. I love the way this car looks!

Fix the navigation and hands free phone systems so they operate fully while the vehicle is in motion.

Dash Design Flaw
By michael

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I buy a car every two years and this was my first Lexus. I have always bought BMW or Mercedes but I thought I would give Lexus a try. I loved the GS 350 AWD design, features and value for the money but was disappointed in the annoying dash board creaks and rattles. The dealer had the car for two days to take the dashboard apart and install the "felt package". I drove off on a 50 degree day in Boston grateful they had fixed it. As soon as the temperature dropped below 40 degrees the dash creak returned. Rather than waste more time on dealer visits I sold the car. I would not buy another Lexus.

Interior material quality, bluetooth, dash layout, love the touch screen navigation.

More headroom, broader range of front seat adjustments, better quality control (a $50k car should not creak and rattle). Ride is too harsh with runflat tires.