Used 2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Gs-350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Dash Design Flaw
By michael

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I buy a car every two years and this was my first Lexus. I have always bought BMW or Mercedes but I thought I would give Lexus a try. I loved the GS 350 AWD design, features and value for the money but was disappointed in the annoying dash board creaks and rattles. The dealer had the car for two days to take the dashboard apart and install the "felt package". I drove off on a 50 degree day in Boston grateful they had fixed it. As soon as the temperature dropped below 40 degrees the dash creak returned. Rather than waste more time on dealer visits I sold the car. I would not buy another Lexus.

Favorite Features

Interior material quality, bluetooth, dash layout, love the touch screen navigation.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom, broader range of front seat adjustments, better quality control (a $50k car should not creak and rattle). Ride is too harsh with runflat tires.

Great vehicle!
By Wife's Lexus

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle. A little more road noise than I was expecting even with the performance tires. Trunk opening is too small. Vehicle handles great, above average acceleration. Nav system is the pits, you need a comp science degree to figure everything out. Also very annoying that you can't operate the GPS Nav while driving. I know it's a safety feature but should be my choice. As is, it takes away at least 50% of its usefulness. Vehicle is just a tad too small for my taste on the interior.

Favorite Features

Keyless start, back-up camera, interior design, exterior look, ride.

Suggested Improvements

Nav system needs to be redone (too complex), too much road noise, trunk opening too small, easier access to odo and trip settings / trunk release / gas tank release.

Don't buy Lexus
By rojomo

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a former BMW and Mercedes Owner who decided to try a Lexus. I test Drove the GS 350 and realized the ride was "Less firm" than the BMW's but that was to be expected. Unfortunately I only briefly checked out the electronics. I assumed (and you know what that does) that, if anything, the electronics would be better than the BMW. I was Wrong. Not only are the electronics non-intuitive (example, Nav functions are under 3 different top level buttons) but some bureacrat or lawyer in Lexus decided to eliminate most of the functions while the car is moving. This leads to allowing me to "speeddial" someone but disactivates returning a call (and it's the same number of clicks).

Favorite Features

Sorry, Lexus, but when I bought my car, I told them the two things that made a difference for me was Nav and Bluetooth. I do a lot of driving and talking. I can't get past the fact that both are practically worthless.

Suggested Improvements

If electronics are important to you, do not buy this car. You will find yourself on side of the road trying to use Nav or fumbling with yourhand set because the bluetooth controls are limited. The purpose of this review is simply to keep others from making the mistake I did.

Great car
By BMW guy

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's all I expected, and then some. The luxury touches are impressive. I have road noise, but expected it from the 18" wheels/tires. Mileage is great. I run regular gas, and get 26-32 mpg depending (naturally) on driving conditions. I have had BMWs, and would again if it wasn't for their mandated run flat tires. Nothing handles like a BMW, but I knew that when I bought the Lexus. It's a great car (they should offer a bra - even Colgan didn't, and I have stone chips as a result).

Favorite Features

Appearance, luxury touches, service.

Suggested Improvements

BMW handling.

Satisfied
By satisfied

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After just selling my Mercedes and having owned a BMW as well, the Lexus is a great find. It may not have the status of the European models but the performance and reliability is far superior. The drive is so smooth and comfortable it is easy to go beyond the speed limit. In the long run, I hope that the resale vaue (which is higher) will make my purchase the smartest one yet.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth and easy handling. Moves from 0 to 60 very fast and is a joy to drive. The keyless system works perfectly and is a joy!