Used 2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Great car /Amazing ride
By navyvet

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought an 350 ES FWD as my first Lexus as I had two Mercedes and so many Subaru's I lost count . After driving the ES for a few months I decided to trade it in as I missed the AWD the Subaru's have The Lexus GS350 AWD filled the bill. It came with every possible option except the rear sun shade. The extra's do add up pretty fast but it was well worth it

Favorite Features

Everything is good including parking assist

Suggested Improvements

Make the GPS a lot easier as 211 page booklet is a bit much. Unless one is a computer nerd some of the electronics can make someone insane Lexus should give a 8 hour class on electronics 101 as there is so much this car has and including one amazing sound system

07 Lexus GS350
By tac8

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased 07 GS350 in 09, now at 60K. Like the car a lot. Good performance, sleek looking, much quieter and smoother ride with Michelins, dumped the run flats. Added IPOD hookup which works great. Had dashboard rattles, brought back to two different dealers before rattles were entirely eliminated. Pros; I find the car to be very comfortable, solid performance and handling. Cons; Little more wind noise than I expect, especially around sun roof. Cassette deck vs IPOD hookup?. NAV system can not be used while car in motion.

Favorite Features

Performance, style, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Replace run flats, more noise insulation around sun roof.

Great car, but needs some improvements
By garcia4434

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my first 2007 lexus november 2010. The back up camera which is large enough to see everything behind at times gliches and it a black screen that I can't see anything. MPG good 17-18 city, 22-25 h.w. Over all nice car, but sideview mirrors and back up cam need to be inspected before. My husband which is 6'5, room is very tight with him in the car. My 2 young children fit very uncomfortable in car with him in it.

Favorite Features

Drives beautiful...!

Suggested Improvements

Side view mirrors would not go back to original postion. Engine is way too loud!!

Comfortable, but only on non-runflats
By typeamit

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The run flats demolish any kind of comfort you may have as a driver. Although you will enjoy the exceptional fuel economy, rattles and rough ride the rock hard tires reverberate will annoy the hell out of you. I replaced all of the times to conventional tires, although 2 mpg less effecient, very quiet and smooth ride. You can now enjoy to cabin free of annoying rattles and such; although I still insulated noise producing areas with felt, I can now enjoy the actual cabin, all thats missing is a TV. Hands down the best car I could have purchased for the price (bought used with 8k miles)

Favorite Features

Interior, NAV, Dashboard is the best I've seen; although only thing that could be better is a digital speedometer read out.

Suggested Improvements

fix rattles/noise in dash in cold weather, aux input, i think thats about it.

Disappointed
By jby3

2007 Lexus GS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the styling of my car and industry leading dealership experience. No one treats you better. I remain severely disappointed with the iPod interface. It's ugly (when it works at all) and totally unintuitive. I've been in several $20K cars that do it WAY better. The original Yokohama tires fell apart at only 30K with the plies on two of them completely separating requiring all 4 to be replaced way sooner than they should have been.

Favorite Features

It's the fastest car I have ever driven. It gets excellent gas mileage (I have gotten over 30mph under the right conditions). I love the exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

The wheels stick out further than the tires so brushing the curb or a parking block will cause expensive damage to your wheels. The iPod interface is just horrible. We've had nothing but problems (when it works) and have had to return to the dealership multiple times to have it looked at. My daughter had a Scion that cost half of what this car did with an excellent iPod interface. She just traded that car for a Honda and that car is leaps and bounds better than my 50K Lexus. For some reason I cannot use newer iPods and I am forced to used old ones. The on screen iPod info is totally unintuitive and very difficult to use. The iPod issue is my biggest disappointment with this car.