2007 Lexus GS 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:
Disappointed
By jby3 on 02/07/11 00:22 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the styling of my car and industry leading dealership experience. No one treats you better. I remain severely disappointed with the iPod interface. It's ugly (when it works at all) and totally unintuitive. I've been in several $20K cars that do it WAY better. The original Yokohama tires fell apart at only 30K with the plies on two of them completely separating requiring all 4 to be replaced way sooner than they should have been.

Dont Buy this Car!!!
By ddscrazy on 01/24/11 23:48 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have has this car since 2006 whenit first came out.Had the old IS 300 and an M3.Had no problems with either of these cars,Just wanted another Lexus.WOW what a shock.This car is the worst!!4 recalls,broken shock,bad brakes, both headlights went out,front driver seat contols went out and this is only at 30,000 miles.Thats very low miles.Very nice design just very poorly made.Then the camshaft needs work, good thing under warranty!Thats $2000 worth of work,Resale value very bad as well.Please reconsider when you think of buying this car!!!Is a lemon!!

Reliability is Artifically High
By John on 08/30/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While it has great performance, the dealership and the Lexus extended warranty are worthless. Rattles that I say exist are either can't be duplicated or if found, not covered under warranty (have to pay for diagnostics.) Complained about a rattle when starting the car but dealership could not duplicate. This year voila! - the rattle is a recall item which we received no notification but discovered when getting serviced at the dealer. Reliability- if they can't find it its not a problem - until the warranty runs out.

Bad Tires, Bad Rattles, Bad Bad Struts
By jpm007 on 04/27/10 23:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I changed the tires to a Bridgestone with a 45 ration rather than a 40 -- with huge improvement in ride and noise. But the build quality isn't there - and rattles are getting bad at 30K miles. Now have learned that rear shocks/struts need replacement. I am very, very angry. Finally, the navigation system Toyota makes is simply no good - maps OK, but the lady inside has no sense of direction. I'm very surprised and disappointed at the reliability factor.

PLEASE No Yokohama Advan A10B
By BKJJ on 08/30/09 02:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

No doubt this is the best value car in its class compared to E350, BM530. Trust me, it will carry its resell value. However, there's no such thing as a perfect car since we're only human. Those YOKOHAMA ADVAN stocks tire making way too much noise on the road. LEXUS, please get rid of them, and give us a discount on Michelin PS2. My Yoko still have 60% tread but can't wait to replace them. This is a $47G car, there's no reason for us to just keeping listen to the annoying noise. Nav system should be working 100% of the time. Please give us the code for the Nav, so our passenger could use it at anytime. Overall, this vehicle is still the best buy.

Tires
By Richard on 05/07/09 13:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had driven Lincoln cars for several years prior to buying the GS 350 so the difference in handling was a cultural shock to begin with. Driving the Lincoln was a casual experience while driving the GS 350 is 100% consuming. However, with the purchase of a new set of tires, Good Year Assurance Comfortreads, 225/55/17 the GS 350 behaves like a fine automobile should. I went to the dealer and asked for a new set of Good Year tires and they would not put them on for me. The Dunlop tires were shot at 20 k miles and good riddance. I now enjoy driving the GS 350 for a change. Try the Good Year tires, you'll love them.

Solid performance sedan
By Ivan Z on 05/02/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Initially, I felt a bit cramped moving from an SUV to a car, but then I got used to it pretty fast. Overall, the car performs great and handles very well. The touch screen controls are great and give the car a new and modern look compared to the competition (i.e Infiniti has an analog clock, BMW has late 80s LED displays and a confusing controller). The exterior design is awesome, but the rear does need some improvement to look a bit sportier. Overall, was very reliable. Since mine was a demo, it was put through a lot of use and the only problem it has was with a faulty bluetooth module.

Problems that can't be resolved
By Tracey on 04/09/09 07:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had an issue with the lights turning off when the windshield wash motor initially turns on. Lexus can't find the issue after several attempts. I also have a problem with the car decelerating when turning a sharp corner. I mentioned this to them several times but they told me that it was the traction control. Now, there is a recall involving the electric power steering which will solve this problem but Lexus doesn't have the parts necessary to fix the three recall items on this car! I will never buy a Lexus again or any luxury car for that matter. It's all a farce. The quality is not much better but it sure does cost a lot more money.

Not as bad as people say
By D on 10/11/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The only bad things I have seen that people say about the Lexus GS 350 has to do with the inabililty to use the GPS and Bluetooth systems while driving. Actually, you can use them while driving if you utilize all the options the GS 350 offers you. You only have limited use of the touch screen while driving, but that is what the voice command is for. You can use both the GPS and the Bluetooth to their full advantages if you understand how to use the voice command. You can enter phone numbers and addresses via voice command while driving. Much easier and safer than pushing buttons while driving. Always read directions for your toys before saying they don't work.

Awesome Lexus GS 350!
By KeithB on 08/12/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned BMWs, Audis for the past 30 years and my new Lexus blows them both out of the water. Here's a reliable excellent performing sedan with over 300 HP that gets almost 30 MPG on the highway... unbelievable! Great fit and finish and a pleasure to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.