Used 2007 Lexus GS 350 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 350 model:

Disappointed
By jby3

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the styling of my car and industry leading dealership experience. No one treats you better. I remain severely disappointed with the iPod interface. It's ugly (when it works at all) and totally unintuitive. I've been in several $20K cars that do it WAY better. The original Yokohama tires fell apart at only 30K with the plies on two of them completely separating requiring all 4 to be replaced way sooner than they should have been.

It's the fastest car I have ever driven. It gets excellent gas mileage (I have gotten over 30mph under the right conditions). I love the exterior styling.

The wheels stick out further than the tires so brushing the curb or a parking block will cause expensive damage to your wheels. The iPod interface is just horrible. We've had nothing but problems (when it works) and have had to return to the dealership multiple times to have it looked at. My daughter had a Scion that cost half of what this car did with an excellent iPod interface. She just traded that car for a Honda and that car is leaps and bounds better than my 50K Lexus. For some reason I cannot use newer iPods and I am forced to used old ones. The on screen iPod info is totally unintuitive and very difficult to use. The iPod issue is my biggest disappointment with this car.

Dont Buy this Car!!!
By ddscrazy

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have has this car since 2006 whenit first came out.Had the old IS 300 and an M3.Had no problems with either of these cars,Just wanted another Lexus.WOW what a shock.This car is the worst!!4 recalls,broken shock,bad brakes, both headlights went out,front driver seat contols went out and this is only at 30,000 miles.Thats very low miles.Very nice design just very poorly made.Then the camshaft needs work, good thing under warranty!Thats $2000 worth of work,Resale value very bad as well.Please reconsider when you think of buying this car!!!Is a lemon!!

Rides nice,has nice sound system, looks nice,but all that doesn't make up for all the problems and resale value!!

Reliability is Artifically High
By John

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While it has great performance, the dealership and the Lexus extended warranty are worthless. Rattles that I say exist are either can't be duplicated or if found, not covered under warranty (have to pay for diagnostics.) Complained about a rattle when starting the car but dealership could not duplicate. This year voila! - the rattle is a recall item which we received no notification but discovered when getting serviced at the dealer. Reliability- if they can't find it its not a problem - until the warranty runs out.

Engine, gas mileage and the heated/cooled seats.

Navigation system is useless and unintuitive - my 2001 Acura had a better interface. Better service from dealership.

Bad Tires, Bad Rattles, Bad Bad Struts
By jpm007

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I changed the tires to a Bridgestone with a 45 ration rather than a 40 -- with huge improvement in ride and noise. But the build quality isn't there - and rattles are getting bad at 30K miles. Now have learned that rear shocks/struts need replacement. I am very, very angry. Finally, the navigation system Toyota makes is simply no good - maps OK, but the lady inside has no sense of direction. I'm very surprised and disappointed at the reliability factor.

By all means get rid of Yokohama tires and redesign the navigation system. And get the build quality solid.

PLEASE No Yokohama Advan A10B
By BKJJ

2007 Lexus GS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

No doubt this is the best value car in its class compared to E350, BM530. Trust me, it will carry its resell value. However, there's no such thing as a perfect car since we're only human. Those YOKOHAMA ADVAN stocks tire making way too much noise on the road. LEXUS, please get rid of them, and give us a discount on Michelin PS2. My Yoko still have 60% tread but can't wait to replace them. This is a $47G car, there's no reason for us to just keeping listen to the annoying noise. Nav system should be working 100% of the time. Please give us the code for the Nav, so our passenger could use it at anytime. Overall, this vehicle is still the best buy.

Blue tooth, Nav system, speed up real fast.

Please do not install those YOKOHAMA ADVAN as stock tire.