2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Review: The Best Car I've Ever Owned

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Review

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Thom on

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about 2 years and I still look forward to the next time I get to drive it. I enjoy how the footlights and interior lights glow when I approach the car at night. The keyless entry is great. I just have to grab the handle and the car unlocks. The ride is so smooth and refined. The brakes are great. I especially like the feature that notices if you jam on the brakes and gives you an accelerated braking response. The Mark Levinson sound system is like a home theater. The DVD capability of the nav screen is nice if you have to wait in the car for someone. The engine idles so quietly and smoothly that once in the while I need to check the RPM gauge to see if it's on.

Smooth ride, comfortable, luxurious interior, fit and finish, styling, smooth shifts, sound system, huge glove box, flawless performance, headlights that adjust up and down and sideways as the car moves, automatic cabin air recirc if it senses bad air, vented and heated seats, huge sunroof.

Refine the traction control system, don't cut engine power so easily, just transfer power to the wheels that have traction. Nav screen is often affected by sunglare. GPS only gives audible highway names, not street names, makes me look at the screen right when I have to turn!! Turn left where?