Researched them all, bought the best
By Byran on
2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
Before buying the GS 300, I researched every other competitor, save the Mercedes. They all had their redeeming qualities, but the Lexus had the best combination of all of them - style, creature comforts, build quality/reputation, and pure driving pleasure. I kid you not - I LOVE this car. I previously had a 1999 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, and thought I loved that - I'm sorry Porsche, but our love affair is over. The Lexus emotes luxury - from the welcoming lighting, to the softness and comfortability of the seats.
Favorite Features
It's comfortable. Makes you want to drive. A lot. Rain Sensing wipers, ventilated seats, and the Mark Levinson sound system are stand outs. Navigation, tiptronic, smart key, and white LED welcoming lights all complete the excellent package.
Suggested Improvements
Mod kits are available, but I shouldn't have to use them to: Use the onscreen bluetooth while driving. Input destinations while driving. Have a DVD playing while driving. iPod connection/integration. Glovebox light. Automatic (like everything else on it)trunk light. Rev matching while in tiptronic