2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Review: Not like they used to be.

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Review

Not like they used to be.
By succeedinlife5 on

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD in the 2008. It was a lease return with a clean record and was being offered as a CPO vehicle no accidents noted on the CarFax. Since purchasing the car, it has been recalled 6 times. Steering, brakes, gas line, bolts, carpet, floor mats. Since purchasing the car, I have had a great deal of issues with the quality. 1) Dash will not stop rattling. It has been into the dealer 5 times for this and the rattle comes back every time. 2) A/C system will smell like mold when it is starts. 3) Wheels bubbled. 4) Mirrors would not tilt up 5) Inside mirror rattles 6) Tires wore out VERY fast 7) Console rattles 8) Sunroof leaks and has wind noise

Design, layout of controls, touch screen, ventalated seats, clean look, non-cluttered appearance.

Quality. The quality of this vehicle is absolutely a crap. It is by far the worst vehicle I have owned for quality. Have owned: GMC, a Chevrolet, a Jeep, a Cadillac, a Lexus, and 3 Toyotas. This car is nothing but cheap, cheap, cheap. I have no better word for it all but cheap. The design is nice and the layout is great, but all the parts used in the interior of the car are cheap. Even when things get repaired the problems come back because the new parts as just as cheap as the old ones removed. All I can say is Perfection and this car will never be friends. This will be my last Lexus vehicle and possibly the last from Toyota. This has been very unpleasant experience.
By clark0574
on 04/22/13 18:24 PM (PDT)

For a/c, hit the recycle button every now and then.

By jaxon333
on 11/26/13 07:08 AM (PST)

I just came across the initial post and had to make a comment because it describes exactly how i feel about this car minus the A/C issue. I purchased my first lexus a 2000 (GS 300) and drove it with really no issues until i traded it in 2012 with over 250K on it. Loved the car desided to buy the GS 300 AWD due to the area i now live in, however, this car is CHEAP!!!! I HATE it I wish i could get my old car back. In addition to the first posting I am fighting this VSC engine light error, which from my understanding is a either a gas cap pressure issue or a MAF Sensor gone bad........ Just unhappy last lexus i'll ever buy!!!

By succeedinlife5
on 05/04/13 09:38 AM (PDT)

Thanks for the post. I finally got the dash replaced and it kept rattling. They finally found it was the cowl. The rattle went away. Thanks for the idea. If it starts rattling again I will use your idea to stop the noise.

By u4greco
on 09/15/12 17:01 PM (PDT)

To fix the dash rattle stuff a 1 inch piece of felt that's folded in half down into the space between the windshield and dash - the dash squeak will disappear. I used a plastic ruler to push the felt down as to not scratch anything and have been noise free and happy ever since :)