2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Review: Love this car!!

2006 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Review

Love this car!!
By Indiana97 on

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Lexus, with one being 2001 GS 300. The new GS 300 is much improved. The 6 sp. trans. is so smooth with great midrange power. Interior is very quiet and refined. The audio system (not ML) is very crisp and clear. I got 26 mpg overall on first tank of gas and now getting 28. I have had a lot of nice cars over the yrs. BMW, Audi, and other Lexus but this is the nicest. Some have said it lacks power. I feel there is good smooth power and much better feel to the road then by previous GS 300. Love this car!!

The new smooth 6 sp. auto transmission, keyless entry/start (after I got use to it), standard sound system (I'm not sure the Mark Levinson upgade sounded that much better for the additional money), ventilated seats, style, quality of materials, fit and finish.

The trunk could be bigger. I didn't like the recommended placement of the XM radio antenna. Wish I would have had option of Sirius or XM.