GS300 AWD
By Kitzler on
2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
The car can be personalized to a tee, however, this is not very easy to do. What I did not like is that when the outside temperature is cold, the transmission takes forever to reach top gear; the manual states it does so on purpose, but I don't like it. Also, while the car is powerful, it has a tendency not to downshift on hills, and thus loses some speed. Of course, stepping on the pedal remedies all that, but to me, it indicates the car's final gear ratio is too high. The gas mileage is unbelievable, but actually a couple of miles less per gallon than indicated on the trip computer. Inside it is a marvel of simplicity and access. Auto Windshield wipers are too fast for me.
Favorite Features
Automatic entry and seat comfort. You can really tell when you sit behind the wheel of another car. The seat adjustments are perfect and both driver and passenger seats have three memory settings.
Suggested Improvements
A little less stiff gas pedal, they use this fly by wire technique, meaning a computer measures your foot pressure on the pedal, and I don't think it is yet perfect. A sudden gas application right after you come to a stop, like at a stop sign, causes a half second dead response of the gas pedal.