2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Review: Good, but not perfection of Le

2006 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Review

Good, but not perfection of Lexus
By succeedinlife5 on

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Good car, but not perfection. I traded my 2000 LX 470 in for this as the fuel prices were getting high and the LX had too many things that needed to be fixed. I liked this car for it had the AWD package and was sporty. The style, layout, and overall looks were what I wanted. The problems are with the fit and finish of this car. The front dash rattles and I have taken it to the dealer 3 times for that. The wheel finish was poor, which I was able to get new wheels under warranty. The tires Run-Flat tires were great as I enjoy a stiff ride, but wore out on the insides, even with proper rotation. Get car, but Lexus fit and finish is really needing help to get back to Lexus quality.

The touch screen was a cool feature that really made the car modern and up to date. Also, the hidden button console to get rid of so many buttons out in the open as I enjoy uncluttered looks. AWD was a fantastic option as I like cars and Lexus did not really offer much except in SUVs with AWD.

Fit and finish. The dash rattles need to be fixed, the rearview mirror rattles, the wheels chipping was unacceptable for a car of this caliber. My muffler is very loud, which sounds bad for a refined luxury car. The fuel door never stays open and is a pain to use. A/C smells bad sometimes.