2006 Lexus GS 300 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Best of its Class

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Best of its Class
By ErnestN San Diego on

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What an outstanding car!!! Tested it straight up against a M35, and the GS 300 was a hands down winner. It has everything, I mean everything you could ask for in a car. Bought it lightly used, the ride is superb, the looks head-turning, the features off the charts. Gas mileage 25 on my first tank, compared to 17-9 for the M35. Had a laundry list of items I wanted for my post military retirement "new" car, and this GS hit every one. Its only been a month, but no road noise, smooth ride, and the engine barely makes a sound. But with keyless start, you'll never grind the starter!! Money well spent!! One of these days I'll read the manual to find out what other features I have!

Favorite Features

When the car is locked, when you approach it at night the interior and exterior mirror lights fade on, as to say "Welcome back". And here in CA, where hands free is mandatory, the Bluetooth works like a dream. However, you may have to upgrade your phone to upload numbers to the car's hard drive.

Suggested Improvements

The engine covers hide all internal workings, just to change an air filter requires a two step process. But who am I kidding, I don't do a thing except check the oil. Other than needing more interior lighting, the car is perfect. You hear that, Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti? PERFECT!!