Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

My first Lexus
By CPS

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is so superior to anything I've ever owned-including several Mercedes, and two Infinitis - it is as though Lexus is in a different business from the rest of the auto makers. I refer to performance, comfort, quality of "build", and dependability - and low cost of maintenance. Lexus has it figured out!

Favorite Features

Comfort, styling, and dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system WAY too complicated!

Excellent Car, Outstanding MPG
By JStewart

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car as a CPO in October 2007. I traded a 2002 BMW 745Li. This car does not drive like the BMW and lacks some amenities, but all in all, it's a great value. In my driving thus far, I average 27 MPG city and 38 MPG on long trips. With that kind of mileage, who needs a hybrid. This is an excellent car for the $$$.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone

Suggested Improvements

None

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Thom

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about 2 years and I still look forward to the next time I get to drive it. I enjoy how the footlights and interior lights glow when I approach the car at night. The keyless entry is great. I just have to grab the handle and the car unlocks. The ride is so smooth and refined. The brakes are great. I especially like the feature that notices if you jam on the brakes and gives you an accelerated braking response. The Mark Levinson sound system is like a home theater. The DVD capability of the nav screen is nice if you have to wait in the car for someone. The engine idles so quietly and smoothly that once in the while I need to check the RPM gauge to see if it's on.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, comfortable, luxurious interior, fit and finish, styling, smooth shifts, sound system, huge glove box, flawless performance, headlights that adjust up and down and sideways as the car moves, automatic cabin air recirc if it senses bad air, vented and heated seats, huge sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Refine the traction control system, don't cut engine power so easily, just transfer power to the wheels that have traction. Nav screen is often affected by sunglare. GPS only gives audible highway names, not street names, makes me look at the screen right when I have to turn!! Turn left where?

Something Wicked This Way Comes Redeux
By Marxus0867

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Lexus. I have owned a first generation LS and a second generation GS and I am supremely happy with the new car. I bought it used with 14k miles on it and it is awesome. I am a realtor and the navi is a tremendous help, as well as the ventilated seats, back up camera, Mark Levinson audio/ DVD, and the park assist. I am still learning the voice commands and I wish they were more variable. Other than the road noise from the run flats, this car is nearly perfect. I am a Lexus fan for life. Everytime I start searching for a new car, I look at Mercedes and BMW and I always go back to Lexus because of the reliability and resale.

Favorite Features

Ventilated seats, navigation, Mark Levinson, car styling. I always get favorable looks! MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Yokohama Run Flats are LOUD! Why is XM a $600 dealer installed option??

Almost Perfect
By Lance

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

One of the reasons why I love this car is the styling. It is bold, while still maintaining its GS heritage. First thing you notice when you get inside is the abundance of luxurious materials. Leather is smooth and steering wheel is a dream to hold. Navigation with backup camera is absolutely necessary as visibility is impossible out the back and parking sensors add even more convenience. High performance tires wear out under 25k miles and will be pricey to replace. At 6 feet tall, it fits just right, but any taller and I'd be against the roof. Trunk is spacious, but opening is small and trunk springs make it a struggle to close. Need a real trunk closer/opener.

Favorite Features

Navigation. Back-up camera: must have because it is impossible to see out back window. Park sensors: not easy to estimate where the hood ends. Wood interior is smooth and gorgeous. Exterior styling is bold and captures attention. Interior materials are rich and luxurious. Smoother ride.

Suggested Improvements

Add the distance lines to back-up camera display that curve to show where vehicle is heading. Nav screen not as sharp as 2007 models. Bluetooth hangs up conversation when you shut the engine off. Enable exterior headlight when approaching car. Headroom a little low. No rear side airbags.