Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Love this car!!
By MEA Lexus

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since 06 as a lease, a second car if you will, then I lost my job and the car that went with it. This became my everyday car. There were many times I had an empty refrigerator because it was raining and I didn't want to take it out of the garage! I can say in the 3 years I have owned it, it has never been through a car wash, I know every line, scratch, slight dent from a road stone and I love washing and detailing it and listening to the accolades from others there washing their cars. This car even though a lease, was treated like the baby it was intended to be. I had the dealership tint the windows because I found it to look nicer and stay cooler in the summer.

My favorite features, keyless entry, great interior lights that allow you to find anything in that car with limited or no light. Comfortable seats, incl. the heated and cooling esp.large trunk w/ pass through ability and great ext. paint that always details like new.

The best sound system standard on all models. The ability to add either sirius or the other sat. radio w/o the $700 extra cost, mp3 hookup, navigation standard. Little more headroom. Other than that a HUGE enjoyment to drive and a drag to hand those keys back at lease end!

Safe, reliable, comfortable and looks good
By frugalshopper

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a commute car--most comfortable car I have ever ridden in. Looked at BMWs but reports of repair issues nixed that thought. So far, I have driven 48M trouble free miles, get good mileage on my commute--30 MPG on freeways and 26-28 on combination city/country roads. Love the navigation system.

Navigation system, seat comfort, smooth and quiet ride.

Need better lighting in the trunk. The drop down control panel to adjust mirrors etc. is awkward.

Not Impressed
By John

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2006 GS AWD new - quite a let down from my 1999 GS which I loved. While the car handles well, it initially rode like a truck due in part to the run-flat tires that came with the car (a "standard" option). With new tires, the car rides better - but still nothing like my 1999 GS. I also feel Lexus's quality has slipped. The car has been recalled no less than 4 times and, to this day, still has rattles in the dash and seat belt pillars. The dealership dampened these quite a bit over many visits, but they're still there. (In recent a consumer test, I see one of 2009 GS test models had a dash rattle, telling me Lexus hasn't corrected the problem in 4 model years).

All wheel drive feature and gas mileage (average 21-22 mpg city/highway combined).

Fix the overly complicated HVAC and audio controls which are each split between dash buttons and the touch screen - not only is it not ergonomic, it's dangerous. A touch screen may be great for taking orders at McDonald's but not for making stereo/heating adjustments while traveling at 65 mph.

After 4 Years - Drives like new
By cambino123

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this machine for almost 4 years now. The ride is still crisp and the pickup is still strong. Had to get the dash rattles fixed under warranty. This car is a delight to drive and makes my wife mad because I always want to take it out.

The body style, been imitated by many other brands. ie: G35,Lincoln MKS

Fold down 50/50 split rear seats.

Nice ride
By Anthony

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth ride, very comfortable, luxury feeling in all aspects. I love all of the state of the art options (smartkey, navi, rear camera, ac & heated seats, auto wipers, push start, etc.), its like all you have to do is sit down and drive. The fuel economy was surprising, I consistently take weekend trips of 220+ miles and on the highway i can avg up to 30+ mpg. Only complaint is the expensive little fixes, HID headlight bulbs cost $430 at the dealership, FOR A LIGHT BULB!

Smartkey, auto lights/wipers, bluetooth, navi, Mark Levinson sound sys.

Back seat designed for 3 but there is only enough leg room for 2