Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

After 4 Years - Drives like new
By cambino123

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this machine for almost 4 years now. The ride is still crisp and the pickup is still strong. Had to get the dash rattles fixed under warranty. This car is a delight to drive and makes my wife mad because I always want to take it out.

Favorite Features

The body style, been imitated by many other brands. ie: G35,Lincoln MKS

Suggested Improvements

Fold down 50/50 split rear seats.

Nice ride
By Anthony

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth ride, very comfortable, luxury feeling in all aspects. I love all of the state of the art options (smartkey, navi, rear camera, ac & heated seats, auto wipers, push start, etc.), its like all you have to do is sit down and drive. The fuel economy was surprising, I consistently take weekend trips of 220+ miles and on the highway i can avg up to 30+ mpg. Only complaint is the expensive little fixes, HID headlight bulbs cost $430 at the dealership, FOR A LIGHT BULB!

Favorite Features

Smartkey, auto lights/wipers, bluetooth, navi, Mark Levinson sound sys.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat designed for 3 but there is only enough leg room for 2

It's a Lexus
By wp2ztrs

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I thought it has a very smooth ride, very comfortable seats that will go into every position. I noticed the brakes were a little catchy if you want to make a quick stop. I think in time I will get use to them, probably because of the all wheel drive.

Favorite Features

Rich looking int., bluetooth, smartkey is nice not to fumble for keys

Suggested Improvements

The only thing was the brakes need work, they're too catchy.

Never Again
By Don

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 4 Lexus models, LS 400, SC 430, GS 470 and most recently GS 300. Have to say this is the last Lexus I will ever drive. Have had an annoying clunk in the front end when backing out of a parking spot. Although everyone I have had in the car asks what the clunking sound is, mysteriously, it never occurs at the dealership. They have been unable to fix this ongoing problem. Also, tires had to be replaced at 24,000 kms approximately 15,000. Tires are rated as all season. Do not attempt to drive this car in snow conditions without snow tires. 10 months left on lease, cannot wait till end of term.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Lexus ride, elegant interior, good acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Outside mirror tends to need to be continuously re-adjusted. Drop down for access to fuel cap release etc is not so nice if you leave it down by accident. Centre console control panel is not user friendly. Lexus could have done much better.

2006 GS300 AWD
By mspence

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

the car had two major flaws : low headroom . I am only 5'9" and my head almost scrapes the roof . The second flaw it the run flat tires . They do not take any abuse . They puncture easily and are very expensive. The dealer was not very clear about the option to put regular tires on the car .

Favorite Features

Car rides very nice and is attractive but not sure it is worth the premium over the ES line

Suggested Improvements

Higher roof line ; car is very low , a bit hard to get out of