Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Tire noise is horrible!
By RKB

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

On our second set of tires and car has 47,000 miles on it. Tire noise is driving us crazy. Road noise inside car is worse than riding in my daughter's Honda Civic. Happens after about 15,000 miles on tires. Dealer tells us it's the high performance tires that are noisy. You would think a car of this value would drive quiet, but that's not the case with the tires.

Seats have A/C and heat.

Fix the tire road noise you hear inside the car. It's unbearable at times.

Disapointed
By dissapointed300

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2006 GS300 as a certified preowned in Feb of 2008. The exterior and interior of the car was great. What sealed the deal for me was the overall consumer ratings of the car. Unfortunately, my disappointment started 2 weeks after I bought the car, I was sold cupped tires. Ever since then, I have taken my GS300 back to the shop on a monthly basis for different problems. Customer Service is great but the quality of the car is not. As a matter of fact, car is in the shop now (June 2009). Time for another car!! Any suggestions for a quality, reliable, luxury car that I don't have to take into the shop every month except for maintenance? Does it even exist any more?

Exterior and interior of the car are great. I receive a lot of compliments. Just wish it was out of the shop and reliable so I could enjoy it.

Build a car that consumers don't have to take into the shop every month. Stand by your promise and build Quality, Reliability, Performance, Luxury and incorporate customer satisfaction. Listen to us. If we the consumers tell you that something is wrong with the car, investigate our concern.

More comfort wanted
By Rosalinda

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Cons - The seat belt on drivers side scrapes the seat, wears on the leather and panel it is on. I would like more padding on the seats because I have a bad back. The brakes scrape; feels like they need work but they don't. The panel where mirror controls are in could be on a more accessible place as well as the cell phone charger. Pros - Great gas mileage, love the certified used car option! I get so many compliments! Right now I have to decide whether to stay with the sporty look and feel or go back to the mid-sedan car for more comfort. I would recommend this car.

I love the GPS although I need to get an updated program. I love the Matador color red, the Bluetooth, and the location of the 6-cd stereo on the front panel for easy access. Great wheel covers.

Seat belt problem on drivers side. Padded seats which I think you addressed this on the 2009 model. Rearview mirror controls should have easier access. Cell phone charger plug in the wrong place.

Love this car!!
By MEA Lexus

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since 06 as a lease, a second car if you will, then I lost my job and the car that went with it. This became my everyday car. There were many times I had an empty refrigerator because it was raining and I didn't want to take it out of the garage! I can say in the 3 years I have owned it, it has never been through a car wash, I know every line, scratch, slight dent from a road stone and I love washing and detailing it and listening to the accolades from others there washing their cars. This car even though a lease, was treated like the baby it was intended to be. I had the dealership tint the windows because I found it to look nicer and stay cooler in the summer.

My favorite features, keyless entry, great interior lights that allow you to find anything in that car with limited or no light. Comfortable seats, incl. the heated and cooling esp.large trunk w/ pass through ability and great ext. paint that always details like new.

The best sound system standard on all models. The ability to add either sirius or the other sat. radio w/o the $700 extra cost, mp3 hookup, navigation standard. Little more headroom. Other than that a HUGE enjoyment to drive and a drag to hand those keys back at lease end!

Safe, reliable, comfortable and looks good
By frugalshopper

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a commute car--most comfortable car I have ever ridden in. Looked at BMWs but reports of repair issues nixed that thought. So far, I have driven 48M trouble free miles, get good mileage on my commute--30 MPG on freeways and 26-28 on combination city/country roads. Love the navigation system.

Navigation system, seat comfort, smooth and quiet ride.

Need better lighting in the trunk. The drop down control panel to adjust mirrors etc. is awkward.