2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:
Nice ride
By Anthony on 02/24/09 21:01 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth ride, very comfortable, luxury feeling in all aspects. I love all of the state of the art options (smartkey, navi, rear camera, ac & heated seats, auto wipers, push start, etc.), its like all you have to do is sit down and drive. The fuel economy was surprising, I consistently take weekend trips of 220+ miles and on the highway i can avg up to 30+ mpg. Only complaint is the expensive little fixes, HID headlight bulbs cost $430 at the dealership, FOR A LIGHT BULB!

It's a Lexus
By wp2ztrs on 01/25/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I thought it has a very smooth ride, very comfortable seats that will go into every position. I noticed the brakes were a little catchy if you want to make a quick stop. I think in time I will get use to them, probably because of the all wheel drive.

Never Again
By Don on 11/15/08 21:44 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 4 Lexus models, LS 400, SC 430, GS 470 and most recently GS 300. Have to say this is the last Lexus I will ever drive. Have had an annoying clunk in the front end when backing out of a parking spot. Although everyone I have had in the car asks what the clunking sound is, mysteriously, it never occurs at the dealership. They have been unable to fix this ongoing problem. Also, tires had to be replaced at 24,000 kms approximately 15,000. Tires are rated as all season. Do not attempt to drive this car in snow conditions without snow tires. 10 months left on lease, cannot wait till end of term.

2006 GS300 AWD
By mspence on 07/28/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

the car had two major flaws : low headroom . I am only 5'9" and my head almost scrapes the roof . The second flaw it the run flat tires . They do not take any abuse . They puncture easily and are very expensive. The dealer was not very clear about the option to put regular tires on the car .

My first Lexus
By CPS on 07/02/08 04:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is so superior to anything I've ever owned-including several Mercedes, and two Infinitis - it is as though Lexus is in a different business from the rest of the auto makers. I refer to performance, comfort, quality of "build", and dependability - and low cost of maintenance. Lexus has it figured out!

Excellent Car, Outstanding MPG
By JStewart on 02/14/08 05:41 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car as a CPO in October 2007. I traded a 2002 BMW 745Li. This car does not drive like the BMW and lacks some amenities, but all in all, it's a great value. In my driving thus far, I average 27 MPG city and 38 MPG on long trips. With that kind of mileage, who needs a hybrid. This is an excellent car for the $$$.

The Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Thom on 11/18/07 22:32 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for about 2 years and I still look forward to the next time I get to drive it. I enjoy how the footlights and interior lights glow when I approach the car at night. The keyless entry is great. I just have to grab the handle and the car unlocks. The ride is so smooth and refined. The brakes are great. I especially like the feature that notices if you jam on the brakes and gives you an accelerated braking response. The Mark Levinson sound system is like a home theater. The DVD capability of the nav screen is nice if you have to wait in the car for someone. The engine idles so quietly and smoothly that once in the while I need to check the RPM gauge to see if it's on.

Something Wicked This Way Comes Redeux
By Marxus0867 on 06/28/07 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Lexus. I have owned a first generation LS and a second generation GS and I am supremely happy with the new car. I bought it used with 14k miles on it and it is awesome. I am a realtor and the navi is a tremendous help, as well as the ventilated seats, back up camera, Mark Levinson audio/ DVD, and the park assist. I am still learning the voice commands and I wish they were more variable. Other than the road noise from the run flats, this car is nearly perfect. I am a Lexus fan for life. Everytime I start searching for a new car, I look at Mercedes and BMW and I always go back to Lexus because of the reliability and resale.

Almost Perfect
By Lance on 06/26/07 00:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

One of the reasons why I love this car is the styling. It is bold, while still maintaining its GS heritage. First thing you notice when you get inside is the abundance of luxurious materials. Leather is smooth and steering wheel is a dream to hold. Navigation with backup camera is absolutely necessary as visibility is impossible out the back and parking sensors add even more convenience. High performance tires wear out under 25k miles and will be pricey to replace. At 6 feet tall, it fits just right, but any taller and I'd be against the roof. Trunk is spacious, but opening is small and trunk springs make it a struggle to close. Need a real trunk closer/opener.

Not all it should be
By Steve on 06/05/07 12:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle primarily for my wife to drive. However, when we are going somewhere together I generally drive. At 6'3", I find the leg room in the driver's cabin to be sorely lacking. Within a week of ownership it developed a rattle inside the dash that required disassembly, including removing the windshield. Now, at 14000 miles the OEM Yokahamas are so noisy I will not drive/ride in the car until we replace the tires. Lexus claims some tires become "defective" at low mileage; however, the tires are not warranted for noise.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.