Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Black Lightling
By ruckersoccer

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The GS 300 is an awesome automobile. I got the black and it looks sharp. It handle well at high speeds and you cannot even tell when you drive 75+ MPH. I would like an lightup display on windshield to monitor speed, but I'll do without. Have the NAV system and will never buy a car without it now. I drive a lot to different places and its like havain and intactive map with you at all time guiding you through the biggest cities turn by turn. She has a nice voice too.. :-) I'm sold on Lexus and bought the correct car. Looked at BMW 5 series, Audi A6 and Mecedes C something. The GS 300/450 beat them all hand down for luxury and ride. The A6 was close though.

NAV system, very smooth acceleration

Speed display on show on windshield like the Corvette. One button park. Lowers shades, closes windows and bring mirrors in by one touch. Heated and AC rear seats.

I LOVE IT!!!!
By mmrpharmd

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many luxury cars in the past including the CTS, BMW 330i, and Lexus RX330; however, this one far surpasses any of those vehicles. First of all, look at it! It's the prettiest car on the road! Second, it's a good buy. LOVE this car! Third, it is so roomy inside the cabin. Fourth, the Nav is easy to use. Fifth, it's a Lexus

Styling, handling, wood interior, leather seats that are so plush, large storage areas inside the cabin, pull out side pockets for phone book/map.

Larger trunk is needed and rear folding seats..that's it

Researched them all, bought the best
By Byran

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Before buying the GS 300, I researched every other competitor, save the Mercedes. They all had their redeeming qualities, but the Lexus had the best combination of all of them - style, creature comforts, build quality/reputation, and pure driving pleasure. I kid you not - I LOVE this car. I previously had a 1999 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, and thought I loved that - I'm sorry Porsche, but our love affair is over. The Lexus emotes luxury - from the welcoming lighting, to the softness and comfortability of the seats.

It's comfortable. Makes you want to drive. A lot. Rain Sensing wipers, ventilated seats, and the Mark Levinson sound system are stand outs. Navigation, tiptronic, smart key, and white LED welcoming lights all complete the excellent package.

Mod kits are available, but I shouldn't have to use them to: Use the onscreen bluetooth while driving. Input destinations while driving. Have a DVD playing while driving. iPod connection/integration. Glovebox light. Automatic (like everything else on it)trunk light. Rev matching while in tiptronic

GS 300
By Jerry

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I initially bought this car over the Infiniti M35 because of a higher resale value down the road. However, since owning it for 6 months I now appreciate it more than I ever thought I would. Besides, until Infiniti, or anyone else puts out a color to beat Matador Red, I'll just keep putting miles on this one!

Believe it or not, the color! then there's that great ride.......

If I could dial out on the phone while driving, I'd be happier. I know it's a safety thing, but some of us are REALLY good at multi tasking!

Bland for the Bucks, problems too
By Ira

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am so disappointed in this overpriced car. I received a replacement trans at 877 miles and continue to have trans trouble. Navigation cannot be programed while the car is in motion. You cannot dial out (cell phone) via bluetooth while the car is in motion. The bluetooth address book will not receive and store the information from some cell phones. When the car is in motion, voice commands are rarely recognized due to background road noise. I had to pay $300 for the XM module in order to receive XM and the display of track & artist info is cut off. I am truly dissapointed in the car.

Keyless ignition and entry. Vented seats.

see my review, I've pointed out several problems with the car's features.