Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Most Helpful|
Fuel Economy w/ luxury ride
By Clay

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 8 months I am still amazed by the difference in quality between my last vehicle MB S430 and my Lexus GS 300. The Lexus is built to last not make monthly trips to the dealer and the build quality is superb. Last week took a 1600 mile trip and averaged 31 MPG!!!! Yes, 31! Quiet, smooth ride. I've had two MB, a Lincoln Navigator, Infiniti G35 Coupe and the LEXUS IS THE BEST!

Favorite Features

Styling, MPG, service, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Base audio could use some improvement! Trunk access, but the styling would have to change.

After 4 Years - Drives like new
By cambino123

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this machine for almost 4 years now. The ride is still crisp and the pickup is still strong. Had to get the dash rattles fixed under warranty. This car is a delight to drive and makes my wife mad because I always want to take it out.

Favorite Features

The body style, been imitated by many other brands. ie: G35,Lincoln MKS

Suggested Improvements

Fold down 50/50 split rear seats.

Great purchase
By Mohammed J

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded in my 2001 GS300 for 2006 GS300. All in all it was a great purchase and good value. Surprisingly, I posted 29.8 mpg on highway from DE to NY and back for a total of 220 miles trip. But I do not get anything better than 19 mpg in the city.

Favorite Features

AWD, Bluetooth, Stereo control, park assist, interior lighting, xenon, keyless go, keyless/touch free door unlock

Suggested Improvements

More horse torque which was addressed in GS350 model, strong and durable door edge.

Only car I am keeping after paying it off.
By ty1753

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had several makes and models of other automobiles but my GS300 is the one I have loved the most. I get 30-34 miles per gallon on the road which is awesome. Since the gas prices have gone up I've used regular gas for the last year with absolutely no maintenance problems. This is the first year that I did a beautiful red/cayenne color. I have always done a beige or white/neutral color. It does turn heads and is a people pleaser creating a lot of comments. I have had an accident with a deer and only the grille was damaged. It never affected the engine. I feel extremely safe in this car.

Favorite Features

Gas milage and Nav system. 6 CD changer and stereo system. Bluetooth. I love front and back cameras that monitor when you get to close to something.

Suggested Improvements

The seats need more padding which they have since improved with the newer models. The driver's side seatbelt rubs the seat to where the molding comes off. It is supposed to be a known problem for the 2006 models.

too many trips to dealer
By wph1215ecu

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used in 2008 &absolutly loved it. several recalls were handled and a few pretty large issues were fixed under my 50k mile warrenty, I had to get something else fixed under my extended warrenty under 100k mile. brake wear out faster than they should, sometimes hear a grinding. I continue to notice issue in the steering wheel where it seems to almost stick in a groove slightly pulling to the right when im cruising the highway btw 60-80mph. side mirrors motors went bad after 100k miles. notice a mildew smell in the a/c since i bought it. low tire pressure light is always on. sometimes my car shakes when i come to a stop like its about to shut off. now steering col & eng cyl bad

Favorite Features

Luxury and ride!