Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Love this ride
By Sam

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My lease came due on my BMW and I shopped for about 2 months and test drove a ton of vehicles. I fell in love with the GS. It is no BMW in regards to driving capabilities but I am not into driving this car like I am at Daytona. The ride is great. The car sticks to the ground. Steering and handling is superb. The Mark Levinson sound is awesome and I am a huge audiophile. It's the best that I have heard. Reliability is great. Overall I am thoroughly impressed by this vehicle. Coming from owning BMWs, I am very happy with my decision.

Levinson sound. Rear camera. Touch screen. Nav. Stickiness to the road

Bigger back seats if you have several people in the car. Bigger trunk. Better voice activated actions.

Awesome
By JGH

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle -- quality is hard to beat. A great looking car that is very enjoyable to drive.

Blue tooth, Navigation, AWD, rearview camera, ventilated seats, sound system, gas mileage.

Ability to make phone calls through blue tooth while driving (using phone book - voice activated), larger trunk.

Great Car
By Andy07030

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had stuggled between the Acura RL and the Lexus GS. I have had the car for about 3 weeks and I really love it. The ride in the GS is very smooth and quite peppy. Simply put, the GS is classy. So if you are looking for a refined car that is great on gas and has a nice ride this is it. I leased my car and in 3 years who knows what will be out there.

Comfortable ride and nice audio system.

The navigation and voice commands are inferior to my last Acura (2004 TL). If they fixed that, I think the car would be incredible.

Smoooth operator
By lowrider4

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Smoooth best describes the GS 300 AWD. Have owned a number of mid-sized sedans including BMW 5 series, and Audi A6 2.7t, the Lexus is considerably quieter with a smoother ride, but gives up a bit of ultimate handling if you like to shave a 10th of a second off your time turning into the local shopping center. On the highway, it's hard to beat with a natural (and potentially ticket collecting) cruising speed of 75 to 80 mph while returning 26 mpg. Overall, if you are not driving at 10/10ths all the time, it's a great compromise between ride and handling, not to mention Lexus reliability and build quality.

The Mark Levinson sound system is in a class of it's own... it's subtle, but the more you listen, the better it sounds. The AM & FM tuner are superb. Also love the the keyless entry and start button... it's a "must have". The HID headlights that "steer" are great.

The nav & phone only allow you to access pre-programmed locations and numbers while moving. Otherwise you must stop, although you can cheat the phone by dialing from your cell, but the connection takes much longer. Overall, a little too much "Big Brother" for my taste, but nothing is perfect.

GREAT CAR
By ANGEL

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had this car a little over a year, it's a great car quality, driving & performance

Touch screen