2006 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:
Outstanding
By DarLee on 07/16/05 02:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We were already a Lexus owner (2004 ES 330) and looking for even more luxury and performance. The GS 300 provided that and more in a beautiful red exterior (Matador Red) that turns heads!

The Finest Car ever
By John K. Powell on 07/10/05 17:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is one excellent automobile. The design can be described as "subtle elegance". When you ride in the GS300, whether drive or passanger, the experience is fantastic.

A change
By dande246 on 07/10/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We traded a Cadillac STS for the new GS300, and while we had some initial problem with warning lights on the dashboard, they took well care of us and corrected the problem and gave us a couple of freebees to offset the inconvience we were caused. We are very pleased with the vehilce and the service and attention and professionalism of all the people involved. While this is our first Lexus, our son has had several and still has one and his experience has been the same. We would sure consider another one in the future.

The Best
By The Professor on 07/09/05 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Lexus and my first GS. Safety is a big concern of mine and my old Lexus saved my life more than once due to its quick response. Whoever said watch out for the other guy knew what he was talking about. The GS is AWESOME. The ride is smooth and very quiet. Anyone with back issues should sit in this car. Easy to back-up, easy to do anything except that little drawer on the side that hides various functions can at times be hard to see. But, that may be an age factor. Gas mileage is good. Trunk could be bigger, but that is an incentive for me to shop less. BMW look out!!!

What a finely tuned machine
By eyekutr on 06/29/05 01:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is put together amazingly well. The audio / climate and other controls are so amazingly intuitive abd easy to use, it is amazing. The performance is awesome, excellent acceleration, fwy passing 50-80, cornering, brakes. It is so quiet at 85 that the audio could be set at 1/5th of max and still be nicely heard. The 3rd gen GS is the finest car for the money.

7 times in shop!
By Scott R. on 06/28/05 00:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Beware, this car is very problematic. I have 7 trips to the shop already. I would tell people to wait and buy the 2007 model. This should allow Lexus adequate time to fix all problems. This is my second GS300. I wish I kept my 2003 GS300! The headlights, head rest, dome light, back up camera and other items have been replaced. I also want to ad some have been replaced two times! When one item needs to be fixed a third time, I will begin the Lemon Law process. I just want all serious buyers to beware. The 2006 GS300 has become my worst experience ever with any automobile. I have owned or leased approximately fifteen new vehicles in my life. I wish you luck if you decide to purchase a 2006 GS

Best Car Ever Owned
By Al Gray on 06/25/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

"Smooth and classy," the GS 300 AWD is outstanding in all respects. The options are not just "bells and whistles," but great additions to comfort and enjoyment (i.e ventilated seats that both heat and cool, rear window sunscreen, 3 driver seat settings, fantastic sound system, outside and inside assisted lighting, and more). The car rides like a dream, has plenty of power for normal driving conditions (ECT power and snow settings when needed), and has averaged around 24-25 MPG during combined city/highway driving. The 245 H.P V-6 is quiet and responsive for our needs. It was either a GS300 AWD or Audi A6. We made our decision after driving both vehicles, and making careful comparisons.

First time Lexus buyer
By Cebron on 06/20/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The GS 300 is a lot of fun to drive. There is not much difference in feel from the 300 to the 430. Navigation system is a little clumsy to operate and the XM radio has poor reception compated to other XMs I've had, but overall the creature comforts of the car are very good. The look and feel of the car overall is great. I have owned Acura, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz, but Lexus is a better car for the money. Lexus just has a different feel that I have not experienced with any other. Great car!

You know you want this car!
By lexi300 on 06/15/05 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a car you need to drive. Pure fun and driving enjoyment. The perforated and ventilated seats are top notch and make you feel great. Instrument panel is intelligently laid out and intuitive. All instruments are easy to find and automatically adjust to be read in all lighting conditions. The straightforward, bright-white numbers are elegant and simple. Interior and exterior design are cutting edge -- utility with a real flair. Car drives and accelerates like a dream. Engine purrs. Car is soundproofed so ride is quiet, but not so quiet that you don't get needed feedback. Brakes are sure and confident. Tires are right grip and size for the car. All-wheel drive is perfect.

It's it and that's that!
By Laurie H. on 06/14/05 18:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I set out to buy a Jaguar, then checked the BMW 530i, and out of curiosity, checked the new GS 300 (just to be sure). The interior is magnificent, full of tremendously useful features within a luxurious cabin. The exterior is sleek and refined. But I have to say this car is confused -- it doesn't know if it's a sports car or a luxury sedan -- it does BOTH beautifully! It's tight and agile on corners, accelerates with authority, but is as quiet as a library. I chose the AWD due to the possibility of having to move back to snow territory -- I know it'll be perfect! Before you buy any other car, take this baby for a ride!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.