Used 2006 Lexus GS 300 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:

Most Helpful|
Great value for the $$$$!
By Z

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for just under 1 year. I bought it back in June of 09' as a certified vehicle with 34,965 miles for $26,000 + tax, tag, title. The vehicle has given me some large and small issues which others speak of on this website and my local dealer has been very nice in taking care of these problems at their expense. Overall the car is great. My suggestion to anyone interested in buying a GS is to buy a certified used vehicle a few years old that will provide you with 100k warranty at a better value for the money plus the peace of mind. Lexus customer service is the best I have ever experienced.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, quiet engine, fuel efficient on highway, good build quality, body design, japan manufacturing, roomy interior, powerful v6 engine, rain sensing wipers, smart key and bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk light, interior lighting, engine start while car running needs to be disabled, drop down control panel needs to in place and not drop down. Cup holders need to be closer to driver and rearranged for passenger. TPMS needs to be less sensitive.

too many trips to dealer
By wph1215ecu

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used in 2008 &absolutly loved it. several recalls were handled and a few pretty large issues were fixed under my 50k mile warrenty, I had to get something else fixed under my extended warrenty under 100k mile. brake wear out faster than they should, sometimes hear a grinding. I continue to notice issue in the steering wheel where it seems to almost stick in a groove slightly pulling to the right when im cruising the highway btw 60-80mph. side mirrors motors went bad after 100k miles. notice a mildew smell in the a/c since i bought it. low tire pressure light is always on. sometimes my car shakes when i come to a stop like its about to shut off. now steering col & eng cyl bad

Favorite Features

Luxury and ride!

Great Purchase.
By Neil

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for over 5 years and 80,000 miles and have yet to experience 1 real problem.

Favorite Features

everything, push start/parking sensors/sound/etc.

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower (already did this with the 350)

Electronic Issues
By David

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I used to drive a lot for business. Problems started when the warranty expired. It was like clock work! First the cruise control went dead. Took it to the neighborhood Lexus dealer. They kept my car for a 4 hours and could not find the problem. They were going to charge me $400.00 ($100 per hour) for diagnostics. Naturally, I didn't. Then the speedometer went crazy, going back and forth to not working at all, the car wouldn't shut off. Then nothing, everything would work fine the next day. The dealer told me it's a sensor problem and would cost $ 2000.00 + to repair!

Favorite Features

Body design, smooth ride, and handling. It's a great car minus the electronic issues!

Suggested Improvements

I feel the electrical components in this model, being that it is the 1st year of the new body style and most likely newly designed parts for this model, there was a lack of testing on the part of the car maker.

Good Choice
By Rich and Fred

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my car for a year now. However, with the recent recall of Toyota I'm think about trading it in. So far the car has met my expectations. Very beautiful, great on gas, roomy, and an extremely smooth driving experience.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, controls on steering wheel, fold in mirrors, sunscreen on back window.

Suggested Improvements

Every three months some light on the dashboard will come on for whatever reason, stinking air condition, and the car always feels like it's inhaling.