2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GS 300 model:
too many trips to dealer
By wph1215ecu on 08/04/12 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used in 2008 &absolutly loved it. several recalls were handled and a few pretty large issues were fixed under my 50k mile warrenty, I had to get something else fixed under my extended warrenty under 100k mile. brake wear out faster than they should, sometimes hear a grinding. I continue to notice issue in the steering wheel where it seems to almost stick in a groove slightly pulling to the right when im cruising the highway btw 60-80mph. side mirrors motors went bad after 100k miles. notice a mildew smell in the a/c since i bought it. low tire pressure light is always on. sometimes my car shakes when i come to a stop like its about to shut off. now steering col & eng cyl bad

Great Purchase.
By Neil on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for over 5 years and 80,000 miles and have yet to experience 1 real problem.

Great value for the $$$$!
By Z on 05/20/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for just under 1 year. I bought it back in June of 09' as a certified vehicle with 34,965 miles for $26,000 + tax, tag, title. The vehicle has given me some large and small issues which others speak of on this website and my local dealer has been very nice in taking care of these problems at their expense. Overall the car is great. My suggestion to anyone interested in buying a GS is to buy a certified used vehicle a few years old that will provide you with 100k warranty at a better value for the money plus the peace of mind. Lexus customer service is the best I have ever experienced.

Good Choice
By Rich and Fred on 02/24/10 09:01 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my car for a year now. However, with the recent recall of Toyota I'm think about trading it in. So far the car has met my expectations. Very beautiful, great on gas, roomy, and an extremely smooth driving experience.

Electronic Issues
By David on 02/17/10 17:40 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I used to drive a lot for business. Problems started when the warranty expired. It was like clock work! First the cruise control went dead. Took it to the neighborhood Lexus dealer. They kept my car for a 4 hours and could not find the problem. They were going to charge me $400.00 ($100 per hour) for diagnostics. Naturally, I didn't. Then the speedometer went crazy, going back and forth to not working at all, the car wouldn't shut off. Then nothing, everything would work fine the next day. The dealer told me it's a sensor problem and would cost $ 2000.00 + to repair!

Best of its Class
By ErnestN San Diego on 08/28/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What an outstanding car!!! Tested it straight up against a M35, and the GS 300 was a hands down winner. It has everything, I mean everything you could ask for in a car. Bought it lightly used, the ride is superb, the looks head-turning, the features off the charts. Gas mileage 25 on my first tank, compared to 17-9 for the M35. Had a laundry list of items I wanted for my post military retirement "new" car, and this GS hit every one. Its only been a month, but no road noise, smooth ride, and the engine barely makes a sound. But with keyless start, you'll never grind the starter!! Money well spent!! One of these days I'll read the manual to find out what other features I have!

Dream Car!
By SZ on 08/26/09 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great options, nice styling inside and out. Awesome sound system, comfortable ride. Outstanding interior design - aesthetically pleasing. Comfortable, yet fast enough, gas mileage almost like a 4 cylinder Camry. Build with materials of high quality. Bought certified used - peace of mind!

What happened
By ted on 08/10/09 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We replaced our 03 GS300 with an 06. Loved the old one figured we'd love the newer one. Wrong. Brakes, cruise ride , AC and Nav don't work as good as old car. Ride and handling choppier also. Tranny hunts for gears at low speed and in the hills. Has been in the shop 5 times in three months. Disappointing car. Great to look at but no fun to drive. Am going to trade for something that I can live with.

Tire noise is horrible!
By RKB on 07/19/09 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

On our second set of tires and car has 47,000 miles on it. Tire noise is driving us crazy. Road noise inside car is worse than riding in my daughter's Honda Civic. Happens after about 15,000 miles on tires. Dealer tells us it's the high performance tires that are noisy. You would think a car of this value would drive quiet, but that's not the case with the tires.

Disapointed
By dissapointed300 on 06/21/09 10:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2006 GS300 as a certified preowned in Feb of 2008. The exterior and interior of the car was great. What sealed the deal for me was the overall consumer ratings of the car. Unfortunately, my disappointment started 2 weeks after I bought the car, I was sold cupped tires. Ever since then, I have taken my GS300 back to the shop on a monthly basis for different problems. Customer Service is great but the quality of the car is not. As a matter of fact, car is in the shop now (June 2009). Time for another car!! Any suggestions for a quality, reliable, luxury car that I don't have to take into the shop every month except for maintenance? Does it even exist any more?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.